He is eating IN FRONT OF ME!!!

Options
My fiance picked up dinner on the way home. I told him i would just have a Lean Cuisine so not to get me anything...so he got Chinese! :explode: Crab rangoon, egg rolls, and sesame chicken!!!!!!! :sad: :sad: Watching/smelling him eat is KILLING ME!!! I know I can't have it and that it probably isn't even good (got it from one of town's sketchier chinese food places)...but I still want some!!! :grumble:

Just had to vent!

Replies

• MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    My fiance picked up dinner on the way home. I told him i would just have a Lean Cuisine so not to get me anything...so he got Chinese! :explode: Crab rangoon, egg rolls, and sesame chicken!!!!!!! :sad: :sad: Watching/smelling him eat is KILLING ME!!! I know I can't have it and that it probably isn't even good (got it from one of town's sketchier chinese food places)...but I still want some!!! :grumble:

Just had to vent!
  • abillings9
    Options
    My husband pulls this crap all the time. Last night, he brought potato chips TO BED. WTH! So not fair. Jerks! LOL :laugh:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    All I can say is dont do it...read all the posts from everyone who has slipped up to help keep you motivated....you will feel better n the morning staying away from it!! Make sure to tell him to throw the leftovers out in trash... I woke up to freshly baked banana bread this morning....soooooo Im being evil cutting a piece and tossing it in trash eveyday ...until its gone ...they can assume I am eating it.
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Mine does this all the time!!!!! He of course is 6'7" so is skinny no matter what! Tonight he is making sloppy joes...im so glad i am in school..
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    All I can say is dont do it...read all the posts from everyone who has slipped up to help keep you motivated....you will feel better n the morning staying away from it!! Make sure to tell him to throw the leftovers out in trash... I woke up to freshly baked banana bread this morning....soooooo Im being evil cutting a piece and tossing it in trash eveyday ...until its gone ...they can assume I am eating it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That sooooo, sounds like something I would do. As a matter fact I've done it. But with cake.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • nevertellen34
    Options
    My mother took me out for lunch i had a salad and quarter chicken breast no skin ,, she had ribs fry's and cake in front of me... shes cruel !! Then I went and Googled the calories of my what I thought was a sensible lunch,,, yikes,,, but still better then what she had. I am 5 grams over on my fat for the day ,,, but still not over on the calories so a small victory there!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Mine would not dare! He has started making choices to eat healthy things in place of those crappy things just cause I AM THE QUEEN HERE and well cause he loves me! Right now he is laying on the couch munching on salted shelled peanuts watching a movie.......I bought a bag of unsalted to share right along with him if I like. He opted out of crappy chips and threw baked chips in the cart at the grocery store, he wants a big steak and he broils a chicken for me on his nights to cook dinner, the other night I went with him to his 2nd job (bounces at a bar) and on the way home we used to stop at Jack in the Crack at 2:30 am with 2 other bouncers (we cart home after the bar closes), for our middle of the night snack of Extreme sausage sandwiches this time he asked me if I would mind before he ordered something for himself and asked if I wanted something, I said no thank you as much as I would love to, he ordered his norm and I had a chocolate milk when I got home.

For those who have a signifacant other in the house, keep communicating the need you have to get healthy :bigsmile: , that it is like an addict hanging with junkies :sick: , like an alcoholic going to a party :drinker: , a smoker in a room full of 2nd hand smoke :smokin: . He needs to support you and until you are in a place with food that you do not need to have anything crappy he needs to keep it away...please.

If they want to eat junk they need to do it away from home. My honey will pig out on Mickey D's at lunch when he is at work.

Hang in there ladies and remember...........he may wear the pants in the family, but you can get so much more done in a skirt.

GO GREEN!
  • Elise123
    Options
    That is the worst! I hate it! Only I have to have will power around my entire office! Everyone orders out EVERY DAY! And even worse today the boss bought chips and snacks for us. I try to force everyone to eat quickly so I don't have to look at it for too long. LOL. It's hard to say no sometimes, I feel your pain.:sad:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    My hubby has not done that to me.....................when I first started, it bothered me a LOT.................now I don't even crave junk food anymore................

Now, I munch with him. When he eats his chips or cookies, I got get a plate of raw radishes, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber and dip in ranch dressing...............

My hubby is supposed to be starting low carb (Atkins with me), but has not worked up the motivation to do it yet, he has to do it when he is ready...........I will not force him

When he wants to eat something really bad (like pizza), he eats it while he is at work. That way there is no temptation for me. One of the reasons I love him so............

I do buy the groceries for the house and I do pack his lunch............So, he gets organic fruits and veggies in his lunch. And he has been eating home made chicken salad on whole grain bread with romaine lettuce for his sandwich.........................