Am I ever going to get it?

Options
2»

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    mrsbuzz, I'm of the belief that you have to find a plan that works for you in real life. If you just can't live happily without pizza and Pepsi, then don't quit eating pizza and drinking Pepsi! Just eat them in moderation, or find healthier ways of eating them. This just can't be about depriving yourself for the rest of your life. It's about finding ballance that works for YOU.
    Nora:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    Mrsbuzz, I get you. We actually have the same amount of weight to lose, and it seems like I do so well for a couple of months, then I get busy at work, or my family makes me crazy, etc; and all I want is a bag of chip s, a pint of Ben and Jerry's, and a big soda, and then I figure," well I just screwed up a weeks worth of really hard work, so forget it!"

Now I have weened myself off of pop (started adding water to it and gradually retrained my body and tastebuds that I ddin't like or want this. Sounds weird but it worked), buy mychips by the 100 calorie bags and if I can't, I get the 99 cent bag and share with my hubbie. I've had some really tough days, but every time I drive past McDonalds or pass the ice cream isle without going down it, it's one small step for my weight, but one giant leap for my self-esteem. Sometimes I feel like life is a little outof control, and instead of looking to food for comfort, I am trying tolook at it as taking back part of my control, part of my sanity, and food CANNOT be one more thing that runs my life.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    bumpin for a bit later to snag some sites:blushing: :bigsmile:
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    We've all been there and we'll all be at those times you've expressed of doubt and frustration. You're not alone. Easy, go easy on yourself. One small change means one big step forward. What are you really hungry for in life? Wishing you the best. :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I did have a pepsi and doritos, but I did the serving it says and oh ya I had one cookie! Tomorrow is another day. Now I just have to find some exercise routines that I don't get bored with!!

Thanks
    :flowerforyou:
    ((Hugs))
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Mrsbuzz, I agree with what others have said. Don't try giving everything up all at once. Don't make food the enemy.
    Think of it as training for the life you want. Eat the foods you like but cut back on portions. The most unhealthy ones like the alfredo make them like a treat in moderation.
    Spaghetti and meatballs isn't bad if you only have one serving. 2oz pasta dry, about 1 cup cooked. I use to eat 2 bowls and probably 10 meatballs, salad and garlic bread. Now I have the one serving with 4 or 5 meatballs, salad. Slowing down to realize I really am full at that much. Not just eating more because it tastes good. Then being stuffed and feeling bad.

You can make these changes but it takes time to train ourselves.
  • notoriousteaz
    Options
    One thing i've found that helps me is just being accountable--if you tell someone close that you're not going to have soda, then it becomes that much easier to just not do it.

I have lunch with my boyfriend most wekdays and i would almost always get a bottle of mtn dew. but one day i told him that i was going to stop drinking soda, and somehow it was like it was expected of me, which made it harder to ignore.

I hope that helps :smile: good luck!
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    Everybody has such great advise and we are all here for the same reasons, right!! There is a fabulous group of ladies and even some gentlemen here who are in this same boat, swimming away from bad habits and to a much healthier life. Projected outcome everyone!! With a positive attitude, we can do anything. We need to believe we can do it and believe in this support system.

Oh, I almost forgot!! Mrs. buzz, flirty girl fitness videos are crazy fun!! You feel really sexy and your not standing in one place, and even 50 pounds overweight, I catch my hubbie peeking when I'm doing this video. Great for my body and my ego.