Chicken Breast - Unit?

Options
What exactly is a "unit" of chicken breast? I just started this today, so I apologize if this has been asked before. I usually weigh my foods in ounces, but that also isn't offered. I find the portion options for Chicken Breast extremely confusing!

Any help would be appreeciated.

Replies

• wanetam
    wanetam Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Check the search again. You should be able to find one by ounces.
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    If you shop around the database you will find other chicken breast selections that are in ounces. Also, if you select one of the options there are drop-down menus on the pop-up windows.

aug
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    if you enter "raw" as part of your search term you'll find many options with ounces, just looking for chicken breast you'll get every restaurant that's in the DB with chicken breast on the menu.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    If you can get more specific in your search, that might help. Instead of just "chicken breast" type in "chicken breast boneless skinless" and maybe even include the brand if you can. If I can't find exactly what I'm looking for, I usually search for the listings under "generic".
  • the_miss
    Options
    Thanks for the speedy responses! I will keep on searching.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast portion is roughly 4-6oz, it is in the data base it just takes some figetting with.
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    There are plenty in grams too. If that is what you use. Why not just weigh yours?