Turbo Jam vs. Chalean Extrme vs. Turbo Fire

Options
Hey guys,
So I have being doing Turbo Jam for a while, I ordered Turbo Fire but realized my strength isn't quite up there...yet. I wanted to know if Chalean Extreme is easier than Turbo Fire and harder than Turbo Jam? I am wondering if Chalean Extreme is a good exercise to work up my strength for Turbo Fire?
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire is harder than Turbo Jam cardio-wise. Chalean Extreme is resistance training, mostly. Turbo Fire tops them both for cardio. You can still get a good workout with Jam or Fire with the weighted gloves, but for over-all resistance training work, that would be Chalean Extreme.
  • Pinupdollrawr
    Pinupdollrawr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have done Turbo Jam and Chalean Extreme in the past before, and have SEEN Turbo fire lol. I think Chalean Extreme would be a bit easier than Turbo Fire. Only bc it is more circuit training with bits of cardio. Its not easy but it isn't a HIIT like Turbo fire. Hope that helps. :-/
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire is harder than Turbo Jam cardio-wise. Chalean Extreme is resistance training, mostly. Turbo Fire tops them both for cardio. You can still get a good workout with Jam or Fire with the weighted gloves, but for over-all resistance training work, that would be Chalean Extreme.

Thanks for the great info! In order of hard to easiest would you say it goes like this?
    Turbo Fire
    Chalean Extreme
    Turbo Jam
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Would you say Chalean Extrememe is tougher than Turbo Jam? I am hoping to use Chalean Extreme to work up my strength up to Turbo Fire. :)
    I have done Turbo Jam and Chalean Extreme in the past before, and have SEEN Turbo fire lol. I think Chalean Extreme would be a bit easier than Turbo Fire. Only bc it is more circuit training with bits of cardio. Its not easy but it isn't a HIIT like Turbo fire. Hope that helps. :-/
  • Tinksahoy
    Options
    Chalene Extreme can't really be compared to Turbo Fire because it is primarily a resistance training program. With Chalene Extreme, you are supposed to choose weights levels that you can only lift between 6 and 12 times (depending on the month), and it should be very difficult to complete your last rep in each set. This method is extremely challenging, and for me, the repetition makes it a bit boring (and therefore more difficult to complete). Turbo Fire is challenging for very different reasons. It takes time to get used to the steps alone and on top of that you have to put effort into the moves. The program that is more difficult will depend on what you personally find more challenging - strength training or boxing/aerobics.

What do you mean when you say you don't have the strength for Turbo Fire? Which muscles do you find get fatigued easily and which steps do you find challenging? It will be very difficult to stick with Turbo Fire if you are mostly unfit, but if you have decent endurance, coordination, and motivation, I recommend that you stick with it. Follow Ali and do the modified steps if you need to, and if you can start with the 5-day Inferno excercise plan (with or without the meals), you should notice a large difference if your ability to follow the work-outs within a week - Fire 55 and Fire 45 are excellent endurance builders, and when you make it to the end of the video, you definitely won't regret it.
  • courtgosvener
    courtgosvener Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think Chalene Extreme is more like Turbo Sculpt, but with more intensity. Turbo fire and Turbo Jam themselves are cardio and chalene extreme is meant to be strength. I think if you did both Turbo Jam and Chalene extreme you would get your strength up for Turbo Fire. I am 273 pounds and have been doing Turbo Jam for about 2 weeks, I am already considering getting Turbo Fire mainly because in a video I saw Chalene describe the fact that she was surprised that many larger out of shape people loved turbo fire because if you tell anyone to do anything for 1 min they will try it, meaning the "HIITS" are 1 min intervals etc. While I can't jump or do all the crazy moves it is something to work towards!