30 Day Shred

Options
Thinking about starting the 30 day shred...any comments?

Replies

• Allyson1985
    Options
    Definitely worth it if you stick with it.

If you do, its logged as "circuit training-general"...hopefully to save you from asking later.
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    go for it :-)
  • tdoose
    Options
    What is a 30 Day Shred?
  • shezza4mobee
    shezza4mobee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    have fun with the punching moves, and do them real close to the TV cos that's how you'll feel about Jillian!
    I never got to level 3 (tried it once but man oh man!), but after a week level 1 was sort of fun even though I still don't consider jumping jacks just a freaking warm up move!
    As for losing weight, it definately helps! It's a nice sweaty workout and you walk away proud of what you've done! :)
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    It's a great workout and it's only about 20 min. long. I like to use it when I can't get to the gym. It's definitely worth trying and it combines both weights and cardio. It's hard but it gets easier after a few days...go for it! :wink:
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I do it and love it!!!
  • AbetterMe220
    Options
    I just started it myself 2 days ago. I like it a lot. Easy enough for me to do but hard enough that it's a bit of a challenge. I am a bit sore so it's doing something :smile: I've had a few friends try it and they loved it.
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Did it, not a lot of diff for weight, but made a huge difference on my measurements (esp core/back/upper arms)
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm on day #5 and it's a challenge! I also ordered Ripped in 30 which I'll do after 30ds. Only 20 minutes but don't let that fool you...it's a workout!!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I'm on day #5 and it's a challenge! I also ordered Ripped in 30 which I'll do after 30ds. Only 20 minutes but don't let that fool you...it's a workout!!

What he said!!! It is a good workout, I am nearing the end of my 30 days, and plan on continuing on with it!!! Go for it! It isn't easy, but it's worth it!!
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Has worked for me, I'm on day 4! On day 2 and 3 you're a bit sore but pull right through it. It's only 25 minutes!!
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    i made it through level 1 and half way through level 2 the first time. I have recently started it again. It is an awesome workout. When i go to the gym i never know what to do but 30ds fixes that.
  • jendavis07
    Options
    thanks everyone!! Can y'all gives some numbers with inches or pounds lost? Thanks!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I'll do it with you if you decide to do it. Really need some motivation to stick with it.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 today - day 1 KICKED MY BUTT and I actually had to take 3 days to recover. My thighs hurt so bad I could barely climb the stairs or sit down. Days 2 and 3 were much better, today is day 4 and I haven't had to take another break yet after that first day. It's a really good workout, I'm actually planning to do it twice in a row today b/c I especially love the ab exercises (my mom-belly needs them!).
  • sherid94
    sherid94 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have done a few days of level one but find there's too much cardio in it to go with my running. :( If I have to chose between it and running, I choose running. I'm thinking about trying it and when there are jumping jacks or butt-kicks, doing the punching sequence instead so there's no impact.
  • baybear14
    baybear14 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I only have 4 days left on level 3 and I will have completed the whole 30 days. YEA!! It is a great workout. When I first started I could barely do 1 pushup and now I can do a lot. I haven't noticed the awesome body changes that some have, but I have lost a few inches and several pounds. I am MUCH stronger though!!!!
  • careyayn22
    Options
    I did eight days of it and I plan on doing it while I travel for the holidays (I downloaded it to my iPad so I can take it every and anywhere). I find it too hard to do that AND go to the gym, so I quit doing it for the 30 days, but I might try again in the dead of winter when I really don't feel like going to the gym because it is below zero and snowy!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I finished about a week ago - did 7 days on L1, 10 days on L2 and 13 days on L3 and I didn't lose a lot of weight but I lost 12" so I was pretty excited about that. It's an intense as you want to make it because you can modify most every move. I noticed also that my stamina really increased by the end. I couldn't do a full 30-seconds of jumping jacks when I started and when I finished I was able to do all of L3 without stopping, and doing the moves with Natalie (the more advanced person).

I've also moved on to Ripped in 30 now that I finished 30DS and it has much more variety and actually is burning more calories because it keeps your heart rate more consistent than 30DS. 30DS was good prep for it though because I am starting by following the more advanced person and haven't had to modify anything so far.

Go for it, you won't regret it!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!! Can y'all gives some numbers with inches or pounds lost? Thanks!

I'll be taking measurements on Thanksgiving morning..... ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!