tis the season... to stuff my friggin' face!

Options
its like i CANT STOP eating. ive gained 10 of the 70 i lost back, and i KNOW im going to eat like CRAZY on thanksgiving... AND christmas... and in between. i know its highly unlikely that ill gain all seventy pounds back in 2 months... but STILL. is anyone else having this problem? its like i know what the repercussions will be, but i dont CARE or something?! i havent been to the gym as much either... i blame the colder weather (mostly because i cant exercise my dogs, they were my motivation before) and i just dont know what to do! i lost my self control!

Replies

• Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    For me it is the weather, shorter days, no long walks, lack of sunlight..ugh. Pumpkin pie doesn't help. Plus our bodies just WANT to pack on some pounds to get us through the winter...sucks.

There is no magic answer, just write down some motivation and place it everywhere your eyes land during the day. Then turn the willpower screws. Good luck to us all.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    at least you are realizing it now. step back, take a deep breath, and figure out why you are eating the way you are. you dont want to gain it back right? i did the same thing last yr but i ended up gaining all of mine back! i didnt get on here for encouragement. you can do this! just go workout and track! you will get back into the groove of things.
  • leezanicole
    Options
    You are not alone girl! I already know I'm going to be facing the food demons til about January! I started the Ripped in 30, so hopefully that will keep me in check because lately I fell off. Its been cold here too so I'd rather lay in the warm bed! But today, I decided I gotta keep pushing! I've lost about 20 so far, so I def don't want to gain any weight back.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I am feeling the same way. For now I have not gained but I am sure I will before the holiday season is done. IDK what my prob is. Maybe I should super glue my mouth?
  • leezanicole
    Options
    Stupid holidays!
  • awdhemi
    awdhemi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You have to be strong! It took hard work to lose the weight, you don't want to put it right back on! Do your best to stay away from all the holiday treats, whether it is at the office or at home. Only allow small holiday splurges. Find something you can do for exercise in the house such as a video, etc. Stay on it!!
  • hojo94
    hojo94 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    STOP!!!

I know the feeling though! It is cold, and there is a ton of snow, and I just want comfort foods, and to sit with a cup of coffee and watch a sappy love movie in a blanket! I decided that I am going to own the holidays this year though. I have every intention of being down by the new year.... feel free to add me, we can help each other! I know you can do it!
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm trying hard to stay positive...but I need to lose 20 lbs I've found over the past year. Hard to even bother now that it is Thanksgiving week. I'm going to lower my expectations a bit...don't want to feel like a failure. Gonna hang on tight this week, happy with baby steps. Good luck to you too!
  • mistylynnfoster
    mistylynnfoster Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am having a similar problem. I had lost 58 lbs., then I had a huge loss one week and lost another 6. I was down 64 lbs. total, and I was so proud of myself that I felt like I "deserved" some cheating. SO low and behold, I gained back 3.8 in ONE WEEK! And now it feels as if I've fallen off the wagon sometimes. I am still counting my calories and recording everything, but I let my guard down and am having to work extra hard to stay within my calories and control portions.

THEN TODAY -- We had our Thanksgiving luncheon at work. I ate like 800 calories in one sitting... We majorly need to support each other this time of year, because it is so easy to lose track of what really matters. And it is NOT stuffing my face until I want to explode!
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I've been horrible the past two weekends and I'm going to eat like a cow on Thanksgiving.

The only way I've managed to still lose weight is to track EVERYTHING I eat and try to stay at least below my maintenance calories and try to exercise as much as freaking possible to undo all the horrible eating.

Try stuffing your face with a huge salad with light dressing before you eat your biggest meals (lunch and dinner) so you eat less calorie-dense food. Drinking tons of water seems to help, too.

I have no advice on sweets/desserts though, I pretty much ate my weight in cookies yesterday >.>

Good luck on not gaining a ton of weight back; try adding more exercise if you can.
  • michelledusik
    michelledusik Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you all! I LOVE to bake this time of year, so that means I EAT all that goodness too! ARGHHH!!! Some days are better than others, but I am trying to workout every single day to help me through this!!!
  • awdhemi
    awdhemi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    For those of you addicted to pumpkin pie (like me!) Don't buy at the store, make this!! Way better for you!!

Pillsbury Pet.Ritz - Pie Crusts Deep Dish, 1 crust (21 g)
    Libby's - 100% Pure Pumpkin (15 oz Can)
    Egg Beaters - Scrambled Eggs, 1/2 Cup, 1/2 cup
    Mccormick - Pumpkin Pie Spice, 3 tsp
    Blue Diamond Almonds - Almond Breeze Almond Milk - Unsweetened - Vanilla, 1 cup
    Baker's (Mccormick & Co.) - Imitation Vanilla Flavor, 1 tsp
    Splenda - No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, 1 cup
    Salt - 1/2 tsp.

Per Serving: 120 calories, 19 grams carbs, 6 grams fat, 4 grams protein, 139 grams sodium, 3 grams sugar.
  • iFeelBrandNew
    iFeelBrandNew Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness! thanks so much for the support, now i dont feel so alone! and guilty! in the summer time it was soooo much easier! please friend me if you want! i could use all the help i can get! we CAN do this... reading what you all have written has helped me already (as i eat an apple at my desk instead of the raspberry cheesecake circling the office right now... sigh)
  • fifi888
    fifi888 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am so with you! I actually started MyFitnessPal last year shortly before the holiday season. I live next door to my mother (see below for my blog post from this morning). So she is this awesome cook and starts making candy, summer sausage, sausage balls, pies, breads.....the list goes on and on. So last year I found myself avoiding my mom's house because I didn't want the temptation. Then I just gave in and decided to wait until after the first of the year to diet.....yeah, well I didn't get back to it until October 2011!!! With a significant weight GAIN! So this year I'm not going to give up. As you can see in my post below, I took mom's fudge recipe and found that each piece of fudge is 81 calories. Although that is not great, at least I know what I'm working with. Hang in there girl! Just think where you will be this time next year :-) If I had been stronger last year, I could be at my goal weight by now!!!
    Posted this morning:

Danger, danger!!! My wicked mother just made her first batch of butter fudge for the holiday season!!!! It's my favorite and before I knew what had happened I wolfed down 1 1/2 pieces. Must.....be....strong........ !!! I did leave her kitchen immediately (after ingesting said 1 1/2 pcs) with her recipe in hand. I have entered it into the MyFitnessPal recipe section. 81 calories each....Ok, I feel better now that it has a number. It tastes like a squillion calories but 81 I can manage. But I will have to be VERY careful for the next 6 weeks!
  • iFeelBrandNew
    iFeelBrandNew Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    see... i also started last year around september was SUPER focused so the holidays didnt phase me at all! but this year, now that ive come SOOOO far, im like "oh this wont hurt, i can eat that and be okay..." and then i say it 7 more times... and then i know im over so i say screw it, im over so if i eat another slice of pie with ice cream it cant hurt! preventative maintenance is the word of the season i think... sigh