Getting emotional while eating?

Hey all. I don't know if this is an issue unique to me or what, but lately, I've started becoming emotional because of eating. I don't start eating because I'm emotional, in fact, I'd rather not eat in that state right now. But, it's just started over these past few days, that I start to cry because I am eating. It doesn't happen with something small, like a yogurt or something, but when I have a regular meal and I don't consider it to be very healthy, I start feeling horrible and guilty. Now, there are a couple of things I should mention...I'm supposed to be taking anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medications, but I haven't for at least a week or two, which could be the culprit. But, I also think that some of the eating disorder that I had a while ago is trying to come back and take advantage of my current weight situation. I was anorexic, so for me to be at 175 pounds is really almost painful for me. In any case, I really don't like feeling guilty to the point of tears because I am feeding myself. It started with when I binged, but I haven't even binged the past two or three days, and it's gotten worse. So, there's my issue right now.

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    You sure it's not onions?
  • Is there a particular reason you haven't been taking your anti-anxiety/anti depression meds?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    It seems to me that you've answered your own questions. Not taking your meds is likely making you overly emotional and your eating disorder is rearing it's ugly head. SEE YOUR DOCTOR.
  • sierrajordon
    sierrajordon Posts: 78 Member
    Maybe it's what you have been eating, like dairy and animal protein has hormones put into the meat to it can affect your emotions.
    Try cutting back on dairy or try getting organic products and see how you feel?

Hope this helps!

xS
  • sierrajordon
    sierrajordon Posts: 78 Member
    Also being off ur meds withh effect it! Your body is use to being on medication so ur going to be on a rollercoster for a bit, trust me I understand! I had the same issue for a while and I have a eating disorder. If things get worse or not better see your doctor!

xS
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Is there a particular reason you haven't been taking your anti-anxiety/anti depression meds?

Well, I really don't like taking them for one. But, the more practical reason is that I've been trying to switch my sleeping to days rather than nights for my new job, and I've been really unsure when to take them, so I end up not taking them at all. Which I know, horrible reason, right? But, that's what's happened.
  • misty8parker
    misty8parker Posts: 45 Member
    It takes some time for your meds to get out of your system...and when they do your body goes haywire. Be prepared to wait it out (painfully) if you arent going to continue them. I would suggest taking them though. At least, be sure to ask yourself why you arent? Or why you dont want to? And yes, talk to your doctor. Stabilizing on or off, either way.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    You sure it's not onions?

lol

But serisouly, you should go back on your medication.
  • Well, I really don't like taking them for one. But, the more practical reason is that I've been trying to switch my sleeping to days rather than nights for my new job, and I've been really unsure when to take them, so I end up not taking them at all. Which I know, horrible reason, right? But, that's what's happened.
    If you don't like taking them, it means they are not balanced properly and you NEED TO SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!!! This is very important, especially since this sounds like something you've dealt with for a long time.
  • blueviolet20
    Yes, I need to talk to my doctor. I'll actually call her right now.
  • Good :)
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    1) Don't like your meds?
    See your doctor.
    2) Not taking your meds?
    See your doctor.
    3) Have eating disorder?
    See your doctor.
    4) Crying while eating?
    See your doctor.
    5) Allergic to onions?
    See your doctor.

Any more questions?
    See your doctor.
  • blueviolet20
    Mickmelie: Nice.

margurithrt: I just made an appointment for tomorrow at 6 pm, which works perfect for my new schedule.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Mickmelie: Nice.

:wink: Just here to help! :wink:
  • blueviolet20
    Thank you guys for setting me straight. Sometimes my mind just tricks me into not doing what's good for me.
  • You should call your *pharmacist and explain your schedule change. He or she will be able to advise you as to what time to take the medicines.
  • blueviolet20
    You should call your *pharmacist and explain your schedule change. He or she will be able to advise you as to what time to take the medicines.

Oh, good thinking. That didn't even enter my mind, for some reason!
  • Thank you guys for setting me straight. Sometimes my mind just tricks me into not doing what's good for me.
    And that's why you have a community to help remind you what IS good for you :)
  • That's really true - I used to take meds that made me basically an insomniac, and it was awful... come to find out, you shouldn't take them after 12pm. So now I take them right away whenI wake up and I can pretty much sleep like a normal person again.
    You should call your *pharmacist and explain your schedule change. He or she will be able to advise you as to what time to take the medicines.