Ladies, what does this mean?

Options
iAMaPhoenix
iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
The one thing a man never wants to hear from a female friend..."I don't want to do anything that would cause me to lose you as a friend".

A friend on MFP posted this and we and are wondering what this means when a lady says this to you. I say it means she really want to pursue it but is afraid of how it may end up or she wants some NSA action. Am I way off base here? Please help so my friend won't miss any open invitations out there.

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    If I said it then it's a very nice brush off. Not trying to hurt his feelings but definitely not trying to get with him either. In my experience if someone wants to be with you they aren't worried about losing you as a friend.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    her way of saying she loves you in God's way not in a boyfriend/girlfriend type way.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree with emmy. It's a nice way of saying, I don't want to get with you.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I want to know what "NSA action" is......................
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    It's avoiding saying, "I don't want to sleep with you... ever."
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Yep, she's trying to let him down gently. If she wanted to get busy with him, she wouldn't be worrying about the friendship!
  • TNGURL
    TNGURL Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It means she's not into him.. She was trying to let him down easy...
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Its an easy way of saying, I think of you as a friend. Like a brother. You are a non sexual entity and always will be.
  • KenziesMomma11
    KenziesMomma11 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I want to know what "NSA action" is......................

i believe it means no strings attached....so sex with no relationship
  • tkn11
    tkn11 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I've never said this. I don't punk out when someone likes me and I don't. I tell them I don't like them. Harsh?
  • gracielee1
    gracielee1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    When she tells you that, believe it. And move on to the girl who actually WANTS to be in a relationship with you (or your friend).
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    You could always ask the person that said/wrote it.

Oh, what am I thinking?! Speculation is always better.
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Pollywog - NSA actions means no strings attached...
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree with emmy. It's a nice way of saying, I don't want to get with you.

^^this
  • KXanthos
    KXanthos Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily agree with everyone else... I have had some great close male friends with whom there was a physical attraction but because the friendship meant so much to me I didn't want to risk losing it by seeing what else was there.... In the end though, no matter the reason for the "no", it is still a "no, I don't want to go there".
  • KXanthos
    KXanthos Posts: 189 Member
    Options

LOL. So true!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I've never said this. I don't punk out when someone likes me and I don't. I tell them I don't like them. Harsh?

No honest, with out leading anyone thus causing hurt feelings later. I always tell guys straight up if I don't like them and they like me.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options

LOL. So true!

and then freakin' let us know!!! :D
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I had a guy say that to me once, genuinely.

Wanted to go out with me but was worried about what would happen if we broke up (had happened to mutual friends of ours and it got VERY nasty and uncomfortable for all involved), so decided he'd rather just be friends.

I moved on.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    If I said it then it's a very nice brush off. Not trying to hurt his feelings but definitely not trying to get with him either. In my experience if someone wants to be with you they aren't worried about losing you as a friend.

This!