Procrastination. How not to?? Any advice

Options
Hi All, :happy: :happy:

Any advice as to how to not put off doing things. I'm learning how to not procrastinate. Thanks in advance. ( see, I did not put off thanking you all till later, so, there's hope for me, yet!! :happy: )

Replies

• heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Hi All, :happy: :happy:

Any advice as to how to not put off doing things. I'm learning how to not procrastinate. Thanks in advance. ( see, I did not put off thanking you all till later, so, there's hope for me, yet!! :happy: )
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I try to write a list on my white board of things I have to do today. I get great satisfaction from crossing them off!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I try to write a list on my white board of things I have to do today. I get great satisfaction from crossing them off!

I get that too! I love crossing things off lists. I have a planner that I write everything in and plan when I'm going to complete work. Sometimes I still procrastinate but for the most part I get things done far in advance.
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    This question cracks me up laughing! I immediately wondered, what is songbyrdsweet putting off to write this?

I think Nike has the best advice: Just Do It!

To-do lists help too, because you can look back and see all that you've accomplished... even the little stuff adds up.
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    And setting a goal sooner then an assignment is due, so then if I do miss my deadline it isn't a huge deal.
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    For me, I know I can't really enjoy "playing" until my "work" is done. I have an uneasy feeling, knowing that there is some impending doom of having to take care of something. This is easily enough to motivate me to take care of my work first. Then, the rest of my time is mine, guilt free.:smile:
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Tks for all suggestions and advice so far everyone. Greatly appreciate your sharing your wisdom with me. This is one big challenge I'm learning to overcome!! . :happy: