Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pinterest

Okay, so I’ve always liked cooking, but never really did it much for lack of ideas and motivation. But ever since I have been on Pinterest, I have been a cook-a-holic!!!

It’s great to have all the people I follow on Pinterest pin images of healthy, terrific looking dishes that I can repin to my board and refer back to later. I have also found so many other recipes simply by following to the blog or whatever it is and browsing around myself. A lot of the people I follow have kids and want to feed their family simple, inexpensive meals without sacrificing health; so they are out doing all the research and this is where I benefit. I have made healthy dishes like spaghetti squash, vegetarian meatballs (low cal!), the best broccoli I have ever tasted, and many chicken dishes, etc. I’ve even found great tasting desserts that are actually healthy. It’s great!!

Every day I go on there and look at the pins of food and it inspires me and motivates me to go cook. This has been great for me because before, I would always start my diet and then fall off because it became difficult and boring….. but now, because I love it so much and am having so much fun cooking, I haven’t even noticed the effort involved. It’s so easy for me now to eat healthy because I love it!!

If you’re not familiar with Pinterest, it’s like a huge bulletin/pin board that you “pin” images to from websites. All the people you follow can see your pins and you see everyone else’s pins. You can then follow the pin to the website for more info. It’s not just for food. There are other categories like home décor, fashion, landscape, crafts, etc. and you can find great ideas that you probably would never have stumbled upon. I have already gotten a million ideas for my wedding and my new house!!

If you are already on there, I’d like to follow you and get some recipes. If you’re not, I can send you an invite. www.pinterest.com

BTW, this was not an advertisement…. (It sure sounds like one).

Replies

• BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    I love pinterest!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    I'm flat out obsessed w/ Pinterest.
  • I love it too.
  • I love it too, but have to treat myself to it like a glossy magazine, otherwise I would get so very sidetracked !
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    If I'm not wasting my time on MFP I'm on Pinterest. It is so helpful with trying to find allergen free recipes. I love it.
  • amandal00
    amandal00 Posts: 59 Member
    LOVE Pinterest!
  • Geer76
    Geer76 Posts: 31 Member
    Thank you for explaining what it is. I have seen so many friends posting on facebook about it but no one has explained what it is. So now I know- I would love an invitation so I can check it out. I am always looking around on the web for new healthy recipes.

My email is jngeer@gmail.com. Thanks! :smile:
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    <
    completely addicted.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Thank you for explaining what it is. I have seen so many friends posting on facebook about it but no one has explained what it is. So now I know- I would love an invitation so I can check it out. I am always looking around on the web for new healthy recipes.

My email is jngeer@gmail.com. Thanks! :smile:

I'll send one your way!
  • Geer76
    Geer76 Posts: 31 Member
    I'll send one your way!

Got it! Thanks so much! With it near the holidays, I have some serious will power to work on as I am a baker and do A LOT! I have some good stuff to share! Thanks again, I appreciate it!
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Here's the thing. I love the concept, but they force you to link it to your twitter or facebook account, of which I have neither.

LAME :P
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    I like pinterest. Wayyyy too many gorgeous chocolate dessert ideas though. Lol
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    My friend just told me about Pinterest but when I requested an invite, I received a 'canned' reply from Pinterest, however a formal invite never game.

I'm going to private message you my email address, I'd love an invite! Thanx!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Ice
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    I LOVE pinterest.

Please let me see your boards!! :heart:

heres mine

http://pinterest.com/suzycreamcheese/
  • KBGirts
    My friend just told me about Pinterest but when I requested an invite, I received a 'canned' reply from Pinterest, however a formal invite never game.

I'm going to private message you my email address, I'd love an invite! Thanx!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Ice

That's exactly what I did to get mine. It came in a few days. I'll send one if you message me.
  • KBGirts
    You're welcome. You will love it. I have a friend who does wedding cakes and she is always pinning pictures of beautifully decorated cakes. I don't bake a lot, but I love seeing her pins!
  • KBGirts
    I LOVE pinterest.

Please let me see your boards!! :heart:

heres mine

http://pinterest.com/suzycreamcheese/

Here I am:
    http://pinterest.com/kbray003/
  • merryfaith
    merryfaith Posts: 81 Member
    I have a maaaaajor pinterest addiction. so here's mine: http://pinterest.com/merryfaith/
  • KBGirts
    Thanks!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,599 Member
    I'm addicted!