30 day shred!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
Did anybody else pause the video to take like 20 breaks their first time doing it??? Today is day 1 for me and boy did I under estimate Jillian!! I'm getting a little discouraged on how much breaks I took!!!! :(now I know what you guys mean when you said screaming at her its the first day and I'm cursing her out!!!!

Replies

• celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Did anybody else pause the video to take like 20 breaks their first time doing it??? Today is day 1 for me and boy did I under estimate Jillian!! I'm getting a little discouraged on how much breaks I took!!!! :(now I know what you guys mean when you said screaming at her its the first day and I'm cursing her out!!!!

I did. Don't get discouraged. I wear a HRM and I pause whenever my heart rate exceeds my healthy range. Don't get discouraged. Everyone says it gets easier. If you want support with the shred, send me a friend request. We can take on:happy: Jillian together...
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I just started this today also. I have been working out on my own for a few months so I was like ok Jillian bring it on, im in decent shape and thought I could handle it...I had to stop so many times! And screamed many profanities and the tv! Its gotta get easier from here, and you go through it so thats a huge victory! WTG.
  • bigbugboo
    Options
    I'm on day 13. Level 1 will get easier, and then it's on to level 2, I have to say, I thought it was impossible on day 1 of level 2, but am finding it easier already. Keep pressing on, it is worth it :happy:

PS, I have worked through with no rest days and it has been fine with no pain or strains.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    At first, I didn't even pause the video and let Jillian go on without me! ;-)
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I only made it through 13 days the first time. i took lots of breaks. Things got chaotic at home and didn't have time for a while. as of yesterday i'm back at it and still had to take some breaks. But it does get easier.
  • adlwilmot
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow, and from what everyone says about it, am dreading it!!!!
  • DBTFW
    DBTFW Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think the key is to not give up and stick with it. Each day your stamina gets a little better--really! I honestly find that fact totally amazing.

I did it 3 days in a row last week, walked 30-40 minutes over the week (but no shred), and then did shred again today. Don't get me wrong--I still hated Jillian's ever-living guts (and I'm still taking plenty of breaks on level 1), but I made it through and I'm glad. The biggest bonus so far is the bump in energy.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    The first time I did it, I didn't take any breaks and I went HARD. Apparently TOO hard, b/c I was in pain for 3 days after. LOL For real it hurt to go up the stairs, hurt even more to come down the stairs, and was a serious challenge to sit on the toilet for 3 days. Finally on the 4th day I was feeling up to the challenge of doing the Shred again. Now I'm on day 4 (meaning the 4th day that I've actually done the workout) and haven't had to take a recovery day again yet. I actually did it twice today. It's still kicking my butt (have to pause for those 5 second breaks every now and then) but I'm definitely getting better at some of the moves that give me problems. Just keep at it. The more you do it, the more your body will adapt and the better it will get. Just don't do it to the point of injuring yourself.

Good luck. :-)
  • lml1042
    lml1042 Posts: 121
    Options
    I'm on week 1 day 5.

I'm noticing it's not near as difficult now. I still can't do regular pushups unfortunately. I'm trying to follow Anita more now (when she's not cheating :laugh: ).

Good luck! Stick with it. It's hard at first, but it will get easier. I'm so ready for level 2, but am going to finish out level 1.
  • slholla71
    Options
    Where do I go to get this 30 day shred from Jillian
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

Walmart and Target both have it for about $9. There's a small section of workout DVDs in the exercise areas of the stores. :-)
  • ajcrane
    ajcrane Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I borrowed it 2 weeks ago from a friend of mine and have yet to start...My plan is to do Jillian in the morning and Zumba Exhilarate in the evening...what are your thoughts??? Taking it slow of course.
  • shunkawakon
    shunkawakon Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    uh yeahh!!!! FYI the first 5 days i was SOOO FLIPPING SORE!!!! then it goes away as you get stronger, its funny how suddenly you just stop hurting. But I was SOOO sore the first 5 days I was worried it was always going to be like this!!

I love it, I've done 12 days of level 1, just started level 2. Huge difference in my body, and you think you can handle level 2 after doing so many level 1s...but it was SSOOO HARD!
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options

I bought mine on Amazon for $8.50 new with free shipping.
  • kellzroxs
    kellzroxs Posts: 39 Member
    Options

I bought mine on Amazon for $8.50 new with free shipping.
    walmart. it was 9$
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I did it 30 days straight and yes each level on the first couple of days are very hard. I just started level 2 of her RI30 and she is one tough cookie! The results in the end are so worth it. It you havent taken measurements do it now and compare when you done
  • mailoveschayzen
    Options
    online is the cheapest, i went to her website and they had a
    special offer im not sure if they have it still but i got 2 or her
    dvd's free i just paid shipping and handling ($4.95)
    if not look on ebay or amazon!
  • mailoveschayzen
    Options
    I borrowed it 2 weeks ago from a friend of mine and have yet to start...My plan is to do Jillian in the morning and Zumba Exhilarate in the evening...what are your thoughts??? Taking it slow of course.

This sounds good just go with what your body says :) im doing jillian in the morning after breakfast, and walking or volleyball at night.
    alsotrying to maintain a 1200 calorie intake. GOODLUCK LOVE!
  • Jadesfattorment
    Options
    I'm on day 6 and it's hard but I can finally make it all the way through. On the first day I had to take 5 or 6 breaks. It gets easier. :)
    - Everyone can feel free to add me.-
  • meowmix130
    meowmix130 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha!!! I LOVE the first one now. The first time I did it I was uttering profanities as well!!! I didn't stop the video though...I would just let her keep on going. Her and her damn smiling "girls" of evilness!!! I have a couple of small kids running around the house so I'm not able to do it every day but I do try to do it. I am afraid to start the 2nd one though!!!

I use ON DEMAND to watch the videos for FREE!!!!!!!