Healthy Alternative to Chocolate?

Options
2»

Replies

• HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I like the dark chocolate idea.
    Also fruit I find is a good way to satisfy my sweet tooth, especially things like strawberries!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Chocolate rice cakes are yummy and low cal.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I suggest skipping the low-cal, diet type foods when you are in the mood for chocolate. I agree with the ones who recommend dark chocolate, the real thing. This is because its strong enough to ward off the craving. Also, try combining the chocolate with nuts in a snack or treat. A lot of times, you crave chocolate because your body is looking for nutrients in fat. The nuts can help ward off your cravings as well by giving your body the healthy, monosaturated fat it's looking for.
  • dntworribhappi
    dntworribhappi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Try Chocoperfection, a low carb/low calorie option. You can find it on the Netrition website. Each bar can be broken into 5 pieces and each piece is 39 calories. I have one piece after lunch most days, it satisfies my choco-craving, and one bar lasts a full work week.
  • fish119
    Options
    I really like the jello sugar free chocolate fudge pudding. I make it with skim milk and it is amazing! I also really like the Slimfast peanut butter crunch bars to, they taste just like a butterfinger!