Do you ever not exercise so you don't have to eat the calori

Options
AmandaJ
AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
I ate good today and did a walk / run for 300 calories today and I had only 100 calories left on my caloreis for the day including my exercise calories. I wanted to go ride my exercise bike this evening and burn some energy but then I would have had to eat and I am full.

Do you ever not do a second exercise so you don't have to eat?

Replies

• AmandaJ
    Options
    I ate good today and did a walk / run for 300 calories today and I had only 100 calories left on my caloreis for the day including my exercise calories. I wanted to go ride my exercise bike this evening and burn some energy but then I would have had to eat and I am full.

Do you ever not do a second exercise so you don't have to eat?
  • Emyko
    Emyko Posts: 12
    Options
    I believe that is what Power bars and things like that are for. Like a little meal you don't have to prepare or even enjoy, just to fuel you up.
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm honestly so busy with school that I don't have time to workout and know that I wouldn't be able to force myself to eat those extra calories...

Losing weight is 80% Diet and Exercise is 20%

I'm an Exercise and Wellness major and I truly believe diet is more important, not that I don't think exercise is needed too...

I just personally have lost almost 40 lbs. with out a day of exercise, although when I'm done with this school year I'll add it in my daily routine again.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,976 Member
    Options
    um......let me thinkNO! :tongue:
  • drewzaun
    drewzaun Posts: 111
    Options
    No, not ever. I do my workout routine and the only things that influence how many or how long is how I feel and how much time I have.

As for not being able to eat those calories, if you are hungry eat them, if you are not, don't. And don't worry about it. The whole point to losing weight is to burn more calories than you consume. As long as you are eating a good balanced diet there is no need to load up because you hit the gym today.

If you think about it hardly anyone eats exact portions, yet that is what they enter in logs like the one here...consider exercise your insurance against indiscretion.
  • wildesca
    Options
    No way! The calories you burn are lost weight. Why take them back on board if you aren't hungry? Also why eat all your calories? Eat em if you are hungry but if not don't. The idea is to lose weight so if you lose extra it probably won't break your heart.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have, on occasion, avoided heavy exercise due to the caloric deficit.

But I also do not submit a nice mild to moderate bike ride to my exercise log.

I think if your body is asking for exercise, give it!

I find the healthier I get, the more I want to do. :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Okay, thanks for your replys. I won't worry about it next time and just do it. I am fairly new to this and I have read all the posts about eating your exercise calories and about the starvation mode so honestly I wasn't sure. I am off to fit the pool. Have a great day! :flowerforyou: