clothes for obese child

Options
PZlady
PZlady Posts: 137 Member
I have an Angel Tree gift to get ... size 22 clothes for a 12 year old. Ouch! I'm looking for not-old-lady stuff for her. I want her to feel trendy and pretty, which leaves out the two best known plus size stores. Any suggestions - it'll probably be mail order.

Replies

• justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Torrid
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    one of my clients is this size :ohwell: ...she wears a lot of monochromatic things, but to be honest ...they're not the most trendy. if you find a good spot, please let me know!
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    You could try old navy, they are usually pretty good about having larger sizes. Torrid also has some stuff (don't know if you have those in your mall or not). Otherwise online is usually the best place, although I've seen some pretty cute things at Lane Bryant too. I know she's only 12, but at that size you only have but so many options.
  • jenniferboyd81
    jenniferboyd81 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Maurices? Not sure where you live but Maurices has cute trendy plus size clothes.
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Torrid

Seconded
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Cato, Torrid, Kohl's.
  • ewebber88
    Options
    I would most def go with Kohl's or Torrid. You could also try Fashion Bug. That's where I get a lot of my clothes.
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Stores in the mall like Torrid, Giti, and Rainbow all have a plus section that's still very stylish and trendy!
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Try Evans online. It's a uk and Ireland shop. I'm 25 and would wear some of the clothes or simplybe.co.uk has lovely trendy clothes too. They deliver worldwide
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Forever 21 has a plus size section; trendy and not too pricey
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Torrid
    Definitely Torrid!! I LOVE Torrid!! But Lane Bryant has cute things too. Also Old Navy online has cute options as well.
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Maybe Debs
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Maurices, Forever 21, Fashion Bug, Old Navy are good!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Torrid is wonderful for younger girls.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    MXM, penningtons.
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    i actually work for catocorp...they own versona, cato, and it's fashion/it's fashion metro...it's fashion is probably a good bet because caters to preteens, teens and early 20 somethings who want the latest trendy styles...not trying to sound spammy....just sayin....they have fun clothes up to a womens size 28
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    www.lanebryant.com
    (they specialize in plus size clothing and its a bit expensive, but right now they have holiday sales going)

www.torrid.com
    (same and theyre prices are a bit better)
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Definitely Torrid.
  • coloradocuppiecake
    Options
    Im going with the rest of the group. You want something fashionable. They have some xxl t-shirts in the junior plus dept of Walmart. They have really cute ones.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Fashion Bug, Torrid, and some department stores.

Also, I'm not sure what size that is in tops, but Delia's goes up to a junior's 2XL. They have Delia's at some malls, but I think the extended sizes are only available online.