What is your toughest time of day?

Options
When I get home from work, it is so hard to keep from snacking. I don't usually eat lunch until 12:30pm and try to have a high protein snack about a half an hour before I come home. I still come in the house, feeling famished!! Dinner isnt usually until after 7pm, so I am chewing my nails by then!! Anyone else having the "after work munchies" ? :frown:

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Same here-- about 4:30 - 7:00 can be a real killer for me if I don't have an activity planned.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Basically any time I'm not doing anything I have the munchies =/ I just try my best to stay occupied! However, if you are truly hungry and not just bored-eating, have a small snack. It could keep you from overeating later :D
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    after work before going to bed.
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Anytime I'm in front of my computer for more than a half an hour haha.
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Around 3pm or 7pm :(
  • mmocarr
    mmocarr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    After dinner no matter how full I am. I have found some nights I just want to go to bed so I can stop debating about whether or not I should break down and have a snack. Some nights tea helps but a lot of the time cereal, left overs, ww ice cream ect calls my name.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I've got a grip of kids, so I don't go to the gym until 7ish. When I get home at ~8:30 - I'm freaking FAMISHED.
  • albayin
    Options
    After dinner no matter how full I am. I have found some nights I just want to go to bed so I can stop debating about whether or not I should break down and have a snack. Some nights tea helps but a lot of the time cereal, left overs, ww ice cream ect calls my name.
    This is me, especially when my favorite TV shows are on...
  • hadlam
    hadlam Posts: 90
    Options
    After tea when Harrys in bed and Hubby and I are watching telly, we used to eat a packet of crisps, couple of chocolate bars and a bottle of drink. Now depending on calories cup of tea and a some fruit or plain biscuits or crackers. Sometimes doesn't quite match up to the old days.

But once we see results will hopefully get easier :D
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have gone to bed to keep from eating something else when I have reached my calorie limit for the day!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options

Evening is terrible for me. Pudding is calling my name right now, and I just ate. A lot! I think I'm going to go fix some tea and work out for a bit. I don't really want the pudding, I just waited too long to eat dinner (as usual) and now my poor body is all confused. I really should quit teaching it that food isn't available for most of the day.
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    When there's something I don't want to do, I don't know how to solve a problem, or I'm out with friends who want to eat junk (at a bar, fried appetizers, etc).
  • Sunshine70Smith
    Sunshine70Smith Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Between the time I leave work and when supper is ready. I have an 1hr commute so I try to have something to snack on during the drive. Otherwise I'm starving when I get home and stuff whatever I can find in my face!

Jen
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Night time for sure. I eat a decent sized breakfast, a luna bar for lunch, and as a result eat my dinner early..usually around 4:30 or 5 pm. Then, I often go home for the night after being out on campus all day or whatever, and that's where my roommates unhealthy eating gets to me. They have so much candy in the house. Or I see my leftover cals--and if I have a lot, I'm just like "oh let's eat all of my cals!" even if I'm not hungry. I have this thing where I eat my calories regardless of if I'm hungry or not because I just love the process of eating. I'll start snacking like an hour after dinner (depending on the size of my dinner, etc). It's not good!
  • albayin
    Options
    Night time for sure. I eat a decent sized breakfast, a luna bar for lunch, and as a result eat my dinner early..usually around 4:30 or 5 pm. Then, I often go home for the night after being out on campus all day or whatever, and that's where my roommates unhealthy eating gets to me. They have so much candy in the house. Or I see my leftover cals--and if I have a lot, I'm just like "oh let's eat all of my cals!" even if I'm not hungry. I have this thing where I eat my calories regardless of if I'm hungry or not because I just love the process of eating. I'll start snacking like an hour after dinner (depending on the size of my dinner, etc). It's not good!
    I hear you. But it's amazing you still managed to lose all the weight and approaching to your goal!
  • SweetestHoney
    SweetestHoney Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    yeah after work is pretty bad if i don't have anything planned or if im tired. i usually plan and plate my dinner ahead of time if i can and i try to plan room for a desert ahead.
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    between 2 and 5pm

I work 6-2 so this is after work for me
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    evenings. after 9pm... and all day each day every weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!