What do you do while exercising?

Options
2»

Replies

• lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I subscribe to a few free podcasts. My favorites are This American Life and The Moth. I am only "allowed" to listen to them while working out. Also, audiobooks are always good and it's the same deal--I can't listen if I'm not exercising. (But if I'm doing intervals, I listen to music.)
  • lml1042
    lml1042 Posts: 121
    Options
    I either listen to music or watch biggest loser on netflix (nothing get's my butt moving more than Jillian screaming)
  • timingsands
    Options
    I get my cardio on a stationary bike so I alternate between TV shows, movies, listening to music (usually fast songs), games like Angry Birds or Magic Piano or Tetris, and a book. Today I read the second Boxcar Children book because I knew it would take me less than hour to read. I had to start reading a catalog because I finished it too quickly and I wanted to get a full hour in!
  • SweetestHoney
    SweetestHoney Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I go to some classes at the gym that a really enjoy and don't want to miss. Also I look up the TV guide on my phone to find out what's coming on the TV at my gym and workout for an entire show or two without even thinking about how long it has been. When the weather is nice I love to walk my dog in a really big park in my town. I can walk for 2 hours and time really flies.
  • aliciar3
    Options
    My treadmill is pointed at the TV so I normally watch that while I'm running. If it's a rest day and I'm just going for a bit of a walk on the treadmill I have been known to play XBox at the same time... haha I'm a bit of a nerd :)
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    If I am doing circuit training I sweat my butt off! (and try to sing to the tunes playing....if I am on the treadmill I watch Law & Order SVU.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    i sweat and huff and puff while working out. Dont have a chance to do much else
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    no music, no TV, just focus on what I'm doing - form, intensity, balance, terrain (if I'm running). I find those things not only make my workout more beneficial, but also alleviate the boredom.
  • alikat5544
    alikat5544 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Pandora Radio. I typically listen to the KESHA station and then Adele for my cool down. Love me some Adele!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    usually listen to music. if i try to read i tend to fall off machines.
  • JenSmith1104
    Options
    I listen to workout mixes. This is a good free one you can download and it's right at an hour.
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    This isn't always possible, but you actually get much better and faster results if you visualize what each exercise is doing for you. If I remember where I read the article I will post a link to it.
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Sweat and breathe hard!