Ate way too much!

Options
I'm still technically 56 calories under my goal, but I ate WAY too much at dinner. I made a crockpot roast w/ potatoes and carrots and I was starving! I used one of the already inputed crockpot roast input that was already in the system, so I'm not sure how accurate it would be for my roast. I'm so upset with myself! I've been doing really well with my diet (except for Friday when we went out to eat) and I feel like I really screwed up, but I was soooo hungry!

Encouragement please? I know I'm not the only one. I keep telling myself "At least I didn't eat the carton of ice cream or indulged in 1,000 calories of chocolate lol".

Replies

• margurithrt
    Options
    If you're still under your goal, you're probably doing pretty well. Sometimes there are days when you're hungrier than others. Next time when you're starting to get hungry, eat a little bit of something and that should make it easier to not eat as much all at once.
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Look at it as a little glitch that you are obviously aware of and there will be more along your journey it happened to me during a late Sunday lunch due to work i did not have healthy snacks so by lunch time I was starving and over did it I felt awful after and my stomach hurt
    You've lost 56lb and haven't eaten over your calories so think of it as a glitch
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Why are you so upset if you are still within/under your calorie goal? It doesn't matter when you eat the calories. You could eat all of your calorie allowance for the day in one sitting and it would be absolutely fine. Cheer up!
  • jvan1957
    jvan1957 Posts: 114
    Options
    Don't stress yourself. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • MrsHyland
    MrsHyland Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Best advice I can give is don't let this derail you. Tomorrow is a new day and you can start over. Don't give in to the temptation to throw in the towel.
  • lml1042
    lml1042 Posts: 121
    Options
    Technically I still am, but like I said, I don't know how accurate the calories for my dinner are. :ohwell:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'm having this problem, I think I'm waiting too long to eat. Then I wolf it all down like I think someone's going to take it away from me!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,237 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it. Even if that information is not accurate, it is likely you are still in a caloric deficit. Even if you are not, realize this is not a one day thing, this is a week by week thing. One thing that is a problem here is that we only see our daily calories. There would be nothing wrong with charting calories weekly so one day you eat a bit more, the next a bit less. If you stay within your weekly calories you still have the deficit and will still lose weight. Tomorrow is another day.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Why are you so upset if you are still within/under your calorie goal? It doesn't matter when you eat the calories. You could eat all of your calorie allowance for the day in one sitting and it would be absolutely fine. Cheer up!

^^ This.

There's no reason to be upset. Even if you went over by 100 it's still a successful day. You made a delicious dinner and you ate and enjoyed it - AND you're still under.

Really - there's no reason for you to be twitterpated in the least!

Now - let's all quit telling OP that "it's just one day" - unless you mean that it's just one SUCCESSFUL day. Let's not encourage food being seen as the enemy!

:flowerforyou:
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I was under my goal last night but overate at dinner too. Even though you're not over your goal I can understand why you feel icky, that full feeling because you know you ate just that bit too much even though you hadn't intended really sucks! We had a nice curry last night, and it was so good I just kept wanting to eat it lol
  • lml1042
    Options
    I was under my goal last night but overate at dinner too. Even though you're not over your goal I can understand why you feel icky, that full feeling because you know you ate just that bit too much even though you hadn't intended really sucks! We had a nice curry last night, and it was so good I just kept wanting to eat it lol

That's exactly how I feel! I hate that full feeling. I am trying to learn how to feel satisfied, but not get to the point of being over full. Tomorrow is a new day! Thanks for the support, I am feeling better already. Trying to resist the urge to jump on the treadmill since I've already done the 30 day shred and C25K today....It's calling my name though. :grumble:
  • jmvh59
    jmvh59 Posts: 97
    Options
    I would not freak out. If your body is really really hungry, you need to feed it. Just because staying under calories is the right thing to do, don't stop listening to your body's cues. You may be hungry because you don't have enough protein to build the muscles your body decides you need to keep up with your new lifestyle. I often end days a few hundred or even a thousand calories short of what I'm supposed to eat. And there are other days when I go over by one or two thousand! I've lost 17 pounds in seven weeks and had two weeks where I actually gained slightly. According to a bodyfat calculator I have been using to track my progress, my lean body mass increased by 4 lbs in the first month.

My advice is to listen to your body (as long as it's not screaming for more cake) and be patient. Keep exercising. If it hurts, take it easy, but do something. If you have been under calories for a couple of days in a row and you're still hungry, it will probably do more harm than good to keep denying yourself. Also, drink plenty of water and try to shoot for 30 or so grams of fiber each day.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'm having a really hard time understanding why you're upset .. .because you were starving at dinner? Because you didn't enter your meal in as a recipe to get an accurate calorie count? Because you're within 100 calories of your goal (which includes a deficit in line with your weight loss goals)?
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    You might want to calculate your recipes yourself in the future, for better accuracy, this can be done under Food, My Recipes. You enter all the ingredients used to make the item, then tell it how many servings, then you can use it to log into your diary.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

That's exactly how I feel! I hate that full feeling. I am trying to learn how to feel satisfied, but not get to the point of being over full. Tomorrow is a new day! Thanks for the support, I am feeling better already. Trying to resist the urge to jump on the treadmill since I've already done the 30 day shred and C25K today....It's calling my name though. :grumble:

If you're still within your calorie goals, there is absolutely no reason to work out more.
  • Raiderxx
    Raiderxx Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It's all about your mindset! Don't let this ruin it! Like everyone is saying, tomorrow is a new day!
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    It's absolutely okay! :D Forgive yourself and know you'll do better tomorrow. :) *hugs* :D
  • lml1042
    Options
    I'm having a really hard time understanding why you're upset .. .because you were starving at dinner? Because you didn't enter your meal in as a recipe to get an accurate calorie count? Because you're within 100 calories of your goal (which includes a deficit in line with your weight loss goals)?

Because I've been doing really well and I feel like I ate way too much. Like I said in a previous post, I really hate the "full feeling".

Eating the heavier meals like pot roast makes me feel gross. When I eat chicken, rice and veggies I feel fabulous.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You didn't screw up. I don't quite understand why you are so worried. The number of calories we are meant to consume is a target - not a limit. 100 calories on either side of that is still where you should be.

Don't complicate this for yourself. You are absolutely fine.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Learn from your mistakes/experiences and keep on going!!!!

9278737.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools