Arm curls

Options
2»

Replies

• mark996
    mark996 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Sorry, he's not doing 300 curls with 250lbs a day. I work out with 2 IFBB pro's, and there's no way in hell even they could or even would curl 250lbs 300 times even for ONE set. You're either trolling for God know's why, or your friend is A) An idiot, or B) trying to impress you for whatever reason. Example: I saw Ronnie Coleman curl 200lb dumbbells last week for 10 reps, 2 sets, with a drop set of 180's for 7 reps rest paused...and he was struggling.
  • mark996
    Options
    What is a squat rack curler?
    A squat rack curler is someone who, also referred to as a curl jockey, does nothing but upper body work to get their arms MASSIVE AND PUMPED for all the ladies at the beach. They do nothing but biceps/triceps work, and usually have to be kicked out of the squat rack by someone who actually wants to do something productive...like squat. You see them in most commercial gyms where things like that are tolerated, and usually among high school kids who don't know any better. See Jersey Shore actors for examples or light steroid cycles and curl jockeys.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Sorry, he's not doing 300 curls with 250lbs a day. I work out with 2 IFBB pro's, and there's no way in hell even they could or even would curl 250lbs 300 times even for ONE set. You're either trolling for God know's why, or your friend is A) An idiot, or B) trying to impress you for whatever reason. Example: I saw Ronnie Coleman curl 200lb dumbbells last week for 10 reps, 2 sets, with a drop set of 180's for 7 reps rest paused...and he was struggling.

And Ronnie Coleman is the isht!!! Its practically impossible for a regular person to do those numbers... unless all he ever does is curls and even then thats a bit TOO MUCH. Squat rack curlers are the dorks who curl in the squat rack. Its a permanent Powerlifter joke where curling isn't allowed in the squat rack. At my powerlifting/strongman gym you'd be kicked out for it. (its the only rule posted anywhere).
  • mark996
    Options
    And Ronnie Coleman is the isht!!! Its practically impossible for a regular person to do those numbers... unless all he ever does is curls and even then thats a bit TOO MUCH. Squat rack curlers are the dorks who curl in the squat rack. Its a permanent Powerlifter joke where curling isn't allowed in the squat rack. At my powerlifting/strongman gym you'd be kicked out for it. (its the only rule posted anywhere).

Haha, yup. I train at the original Metroflex gym, so we're in the same boat. Nice to see a fellow lifter around. Not many competitive ones here. Was starting to wonder if I was a loner.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I lift. I'm just weak. Hopefully not for long though :smile:
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I'm doing half the time, so I try and go later in the evening. Usually, I hop on the treadmill and then I head downstairs into the weight room....Every other night...The other nights, I either Zumba or lap swim...Sometimes both...
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    depends

I used to wear those....