Ideal Weight

Options
2»

Replies

• lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and weigh 143. My goal is 138, but I have been fluctuated between 141-143 for the past month. I don't look bad, but my
    BF is still at 30% Don't know if I should try to lose more weight. I am 57. Advice?

How was the body fat % calculated? What is your lean muscle mass (lbs)? Sounds like you may need more muscle to help you burn more calories and help lose the fat. 30% is on the high end of 'average' for body fat. so you could probably stand to lose a few more pounds, but you want it to be fat and not muscle.

Thanks for the comment. The body fat was calculated by my scale. My lean muscle mass is 100 lbs. I think you are right that I need to build muscle. I would like to reduce my body fat to 28% and get down to 138, but that would require those last few lbs to be fat, not muscle, and I am not sure how to do that. I have started JM 30D shred. Do you think that will help me?

Calorie reduction and exercise. Yes, I think the 30DS will help you maintain the muscle you have. I think you should strive to lose at most 0.5 lb, and maybe even less since you're so close. Try eating as you normally do, up your exercise and see how the numbers change.

For point of reference my lean mass at my last weigh in was 99.8 lbs, BF ~37%, so I have many pounds to go but in the 22 lbs I've lost, 99% of that was fat. I only had a .2 loss from muscle. My exercise has mostly been walking, run/walking and a light weight routine.
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and weigh 143. My goal is 138, but I have been fluctuated between 141-143 for the past month. I don't look bad, but my
    BF is still at 30% Don't know if I should try to lose more weight. I am 57. Advice?

How was the body fat % calculated? What is your lean muscle mass (lbs)? Sounds like you may need more muscle to help you burn more calories and help lose the fat. 30% is on the high end of 'average' for body fat. so you could probably stand to lose a few more pounds, but you want it to be fat and not muscle.

Thanks for the comment. The body fat was calculated by my scale. My lean muscle mass is 100 lbs. I think you are right that I need to build muscle. I would like to reduce my body fat to 28% and get down to 138, but that would require those last few lbs to be fat, not muscle, and I am not sure how to do that. I have started JM 30D shred. Do you think that will help me?

Hi again,

I just used the BAI to measure my body fat, and it came out as 26%, a full 4% lower. My hips are 37.5. So I wonder if I really need to lose those last 4 lbs.