Creeps you out?

Options
sarahp86
sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
Had a conversation with my friend earlier and she told me she had been on the train and a well dressed man in a suit sat beside her. Out of the corner of her eye she saw him pick his nose and wipe it in the seat. She had to get up and walk down the far end of the carriage.

My friend is heavily pregnant and gave up her seat because she was so freaked out!

So we got to talking about other things people do that creep us out. Mine is when people use a public toilet in a restaurant, they don't wash their hands and go straight back to eating their meal, dirty fingernails and people spitting on the street!

I once saw a child spit on a traffic light button, I don't press them anymore...

Replies

• CBranson0503
    Options
    Had a conversation with my friend earlier and she told me she had been on the train and a well dressed man in a suit sat beside her. Out of the corner of her eye she saw him pick his nose and wipe it in the seat. She had to get up and walk down the far end of the carriage.

My friend is heavily pregnant and gave up her seat because she was so freaked out!

So we got to talking about other things people do that creep us out. Mine is when people use a public toilet in a restaurant, they don't wash their hands and go straight back to eating their meal, dirty fingernails and people spitting on the street!

I once saw a child spit on a traffic light button, I don't press them anymore...

Haha, I just watched an episode of "Balls of Steel" where The Annoying Devil was putting feces on the traffic light buttons.

People that creep me out are people that I just met that are really into hugging. I just met you, let's just shake on it.
  • sunnybrunette126
    sunnybrunette126 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You know what I saw that was truly horrifying...

This lady was feeding her son right off of a table at a restaurant. I was like damn don't they have plates for that???
  • Sheriemae
    Options
    People coughing and not covering it. If looks could kill. I've definitely given some death looks over it.
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Making awkward eye contact with a stranger. Close talkers. Profuse arm pit sniffers.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    EWE!!! A lady at the gym one time was in the bathroom stall next to me and she was on the phone and says, "Oh *kitten*, I don't have any toilet paper." So she wraps up her conversation, leaves the bathroom stall and I did not hear the sink run.
  • PattiDu
    PattiDu Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just think how many other people have touched the serving spoons at "the buffet"...where's their hands been?
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    You reminded me when I was at a museum with touch exhibits you were supposed to stick your finger in and touch this material to see if you could figure out what it was........................well I was squishing a piece of gum someone stuck in there for like 2 minutes haha......................nasty @sshole.
  • sunnybrunette126
    sunnybrunette126 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You reminded me when I was at a museum with touch exhibits you were supposed to stick your finger in and touch this material to see if you could figure out what it was........................well I was squishing a piece of gum someone stuck in there for like 2 minutes haha......................nasty @sshole.

omg lol
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Facial noises that are not talking. Like nose whistling or snorting/sniffling. And people who chew with their mouths open, especially gum. How is it that we are all told as children to chew with our mouths closed, but it's OK to loudly smack and slurp on gum, mouth agape? It looks like a cow chewing it's cud. It's just gross. I get that you want to chew gum. That doesn't bother me. I just don't want to see or hear it.
    At my office, the owner's wife starts every sentence with a smacking/sucking sound. It's horrible. She has no idea she does it. Everyone else is very aware.
    And snoring. Mostly because it means my husband is asleep and keeping me awake. And I nudge him to roll over and he just shifts a little and snores again. And I have to yell (literally) to wake him up so he rolls over and then I'm wide awake and he's snoring again before I can relax again.
  • ninelives58
    ninelives58 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    This goes back many years, but without a doubt the creepiest, grossest thing I've ever witnessed was when I used to commute by bus and there was this girl that was always at the bus stop that would compulsively pick her ears and eat it. Yeah, just like you've seen kids pick their nose and eat it, she would do this with her ears. I stood there with a horrified look on my face, I'm sure, but she never seemed to notice and just kept at it. YUCK!!!!
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    The thing that gets me the most is the people that are extremly overweight and they let their fat hang out of their clothes.(shirts are to short and pants are to low waisted ) I had that once but I never let it all hang out.
  • Eponine7
    Eponine7 Posts: 161
    Options
    I just saw a kid suck ketchup straight out of the restaurant's squirt bottle on the table....and the parents didn't say a word!
  • LKBuckingham
    Options
    People coughing and not covering it. If looks could kill. I've definitely given some death looks over it.

Or people who cough right into their hand and begin to touch a million things... makes no sense! cough into your damn elbow!
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    This goes back many years, but without a doubt the creepiest, grossest thing I've ever witnessed was when I used to commute by bus and there was this girl that was always at the bus stop that would compulsively pick her ears and eat it. Yeah, just like you've seen kids pick their nose and eat it, she would do this with her ears. I stood there with a horrified look on my face, I'm sure, but she never seemed to notice and just kept at it. YUCK!!!!

That's horrific!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    People that creep me out are people that I just met that are really into hugging. I just met you, let's just shake on it.

Honey, I married into a Greek family. Forget hugging, a kiss is a proper introduction and greeting.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I get very creeped out by people who don't understand personal space. That's about it in normal every day things.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Oh God...after reading this thread I truly think I'm going to upchuck. :sick:
  • meowmix130
    meowmix130 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The thing that gets me the most is the people that are extremly overweight and they let their fat hang out of their clothes.(shirts are to short and pants are to low waisted ) I had that once but I never let it all hang out.

Ha ha ha that is one of my biggest gross outs too!!! My hubby doesn't understand why I always wear big baggie clothes all the time....but THAT is the reason!!! I don't want my muffin top hanging out!
  • KendaVSG
    KendaVSG Posts: 147
    Options
    Profuse arm pit sniffers.

Is this people that sniff others' armpits?? Or their own? Morbid curiosity got the better of me. lol
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You know what I saw that was truly horrifying...

This lady was feeding her son right off of a table at a restaurant. I was like damn don't they have plates for that???
    OMG my sister-in-law does that! Their house is nice and clean, and she's a good mom. It's completely out of character. But she just put a spoonful of baby food right on the restaurant table for the baby to eat! I was like WTF??