New and Determined

Options
My name is Christine, and I am new to my fitness pal. I am in my late 30;s, and have been gaining weight over the past 6 years. Gained slowly, and it is tough to get off! During that time, I had my 4th son, in an emergency c-section that has seemed to totally change the landscape of my body.

I am at the point where I am so uncomfortable every day. I hate the way clothes feel on me, I hate looking in the mirror.

Soooo, it is time to get serious! I got about 15 pounds off a year ago, and have gained 5 of that back.

I love this site so far. So easy to keep track of what I am eating every day (I am a stay-at-home mom, and I do not always realize what I have eaten!).

Just wanted to say hi, and how excited I am!

Replies

• bigwill5
    bigwill5 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me! I'm almost 30 days in and have lost 31 pounds using MFP and walking. Loving it.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Welcome Christine! Best wishes to you on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I had an emergency C-sec 9+ years ago. I also just had a miscarriage in March in the 2nd trimester. Yes, it's hard to cope with. I'm in my 30's and do agree, it's getting hard to keep it off. You can get your body to the point where you're happy with it. In our 30's we'll have to just put a little extra effort into it, but it's VERY possible. Best wishes and good luck on your new goals!

You WILL feel good about yourself again. You're in the right place to make it happen.
  • meldickman
    Options
    Hi Christine, my name is Melanie and I am in my mid 40's. I have 4 kids and one by emergency c-section as well. I know as women it gets harder as we age to maintain and lose weight. I love this site for the exact reasons you mentioned. I never relized what I ate in a day until I started logging it. I think MFP has also made me want to exercise more because I feel almost guilty if I don't log any exercise for the day. Keep logging everyday and you will see results. Best of luck to you! And I know as a mother its hard but you have to make time for you. Add me if you want!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I had a c-section many years ago, the good thing is, it never gave me any trouble during the times in my life when I've exercised. You can get your body back to something more familiar to you, it just takes time.