Specifc Ways of Eating?

Options
I dont like to use the word "diet" .. because your not going on a diet, lose the weight and then going back to eating like crap ... but is there a certain eating plan you follow? Like limiting snacks, only eating protein/veggies for dinner, not eating past a certain time, etc???

Just looking for some ideas to shake up my eating routine .... I did the 6 small meals thing for awhile and didnt notice a difference ... So I am looking to switch up my eating in a new way ... ALL IDEAS WELCOME!! =) Thanks everyone!

Replies

• significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I disagree on the word "diet" - I don't think it means you plan to lose weight then go back to eating crap.

I don't follow any particular rules, just limit the calories, get lots of exercise, make sure I eat a healthy breakfast most days, and try to eat more vegetables and nuts and less confectionery than I used to.
  • I know it's not food related but sleep is so important. I've found that getting 8-10 hours a sleep a night has made a world of difference in my entire life.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I have a CRAZY way of eating.

I open my mouth.
    I put food in my mouth (tends to be a pretty wide variety here, but almost always wholesome & nutritious).
    I close my mouth (this is important for maintaing good manners).
    I chew the food.
    I swallow the food.
    I repeat the process until I have consumed a sensible portion of food.
    :laugh:

In all seriousness, unless you have a medical condition that requires you to eliminate or reduce certain foods or food groups, it is helpful (and more importantly, healthy) to eat a wide variety of nutritious foods - lean meats/proteins, healthy fats, whole grains, fresh fruits & veggies, etc.
    There are nutrients (micro & macro) that you can only get from certain types of foods, so eliminating or severely limiting specific foods or entire groups of foods is really not a good idea, regardless of the weight loss impact it may or may not have.

Oh, and drink lots of water and move your body. Those things help, too.
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i use the word diet to mean your food intake "The kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats." instead of diet as in "Restrict oneself to small amounts or special kinds of food in order to lose weight".

As far as i am concerened (and a LOT of ppl on here think the same) you shouldnt cut anything from your diet, its all about portion control and cutting the high calorie foods down to a smaller amount.

i dont think eating certain sized meals or at certain times of the day or a big breaky and small dinner or ANY of that makes any difference.

Just watch wat you eat, stick to your basic food pyramid http://www.diabetesdiabeticdiet.com/images/food_pyramid.JPG

have lots of fruit and veg, and only small amounts of junk food
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I try to make sure
    1. to stay under my calorie goal
    2. get enough fat - I regularly get over 50g/day lol
    3. get enough protein (100g/day)
    4. not go crazy on the carbs
    5. get a good amount of fiber
    6. Drink my water
    7. Get some veggies and fruit for nutrients