Save Me!! Mexican Fiesta in my classroom for the next two da

Options
OMG!!! :sad: There are going to be holding the sixth grade Mexican Fiesta in my classroom because I have the most space (the art room) and there is going to be TONs of food! I have been stressing about it for two days. I know I can do it and I actually want to so that I can deal with these situations in the future!

I have packed my lunch if I dont think I can handle it, brought my inspiration journal, have gum in my pocket. I got all kinds of tricks up my sleeve. I think I am going to challenge myself and eat at the Fiesta. I am going to measure my portions as best as I can. I can also peruse everything, enter it in and then eat too!

Wish Me Luck!!! LOL

Replies

• gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! :sad: There are going to be holding the sixth grade Mexican Fiesta in my classroom because I have the most space (the art room) and there is going to be TONs of food! I have been stressing about it for two days. I know I can do it and I actually want to so that I can deal with these situations in the future!

I have packed my lunch if I dont think I can handle it, brought my inspiration journal, have gum in my pocket. I got all kinds of tricks up my sleeve. I think I am going to challenge myself and eat at the Fiesta. I am going to measure my portions as best as I can. I can also peruse everything, enter it in and then eat too!

Wish Me Luck!!! LOL
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Bring mints to suck. I dont mean tic tacs........no those discs they have at the register of every restaraunt! Keeping one in your mouth will trick your nose by sending up lovely peppermint smells!

Also you wont want to put taco meat on top of peppermint!

Good luck, and God speed:flowerforyou:
  • mommachag
    Options
    make sure you have lots of water with you.

nothing says you cant sample things. Just watch what you put in your mouth. skip most of the sauces and you should be fine. those things are always so hard for me. I bet you are going to do really really well. You should be proud of yourself just for thinking and planning ahead. GO YOU! YOU CAN DO IT:heart:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water so you don't get hungry
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Alright so I went early, scoped out the food and picked out the following:

tostitos scoops
    tortilla with pulled chicken, salsa and light sour cream
    lots of salsa
    1/4 cup of chicken chili
    yellow rice

Then I left the room and ate in the faculty room then I drank 3 cups of water so I would feel full and I stayed away until I knew they cleaned up.

OK now to survive tomorrow :frown:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

tostitos scoops
    lots of salsa
    1/4 cup of chicken chili
    yellow rice

Then I left the room and ate in the faculty room then I drank 3 cups of water so I would feel full and I stayed away until I knew they cleaned up.

Watch those tostitos ..salty salty ...you look like you did ok and made good choices I would prob skip the rice tomorrow it has a lot of sodium due to the seasonings if its traditional yellow rice.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

tostitos scoops
    lots of salsa
    1/4 cup of chicken chili
    yellow rice

Watch those tostitos ..salty salty ...you look like you did ok and made good choices I would prob skip the rice tomorrow it has a lot of sodium due to the seasonings if its traditional yellow rice.
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Were there any beans? Hopefully, they are NOT doing the true lard-based refried beans (even those those are my FAVORITE)...if they look like th canned kind, you'll be better off with those instead of the chips....you can make you're own helathy version of a mexican layer dip ... just geat with a fork instead of chips...or layer on a tortilla for a little burrito!!!

You'll be fine again tomorrow, because you're prepared for it!!!!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options

nothing says you cant sample things. Just watch what you put in your mouth. skip most of the sauces and you should be fine. those things are always so hard for me. I bet you are going to do really really well. You should be proud of yourself just for thinking and planning ahead. GO YOU! YOU CAN DO IT:heart:
    Actually anything but cheese sauces should be fine, the hot sauce that I make for real tacos, corn tortillas and steak, is only jalepeño peppers, boiled, little salt and a clove of garlic. Maybe eat spicy if you can handle it! I know when I eat spicy foods I can't eat as much!
  • mommachag
    Options

Actually anything but cheese sauces should be fine, the hot sauce that I make for real tacos, corn tortillas and steak, is only jalepeño peppers, boiled, little salt and a clove of garlic. Maybe eat spicy if you can handle it! I know when I eat spicy foods I can't eat as much!

oh i wasnt thinking about the hot sauce . I was thinking enchilada sauce, sour cream, guacamole(since unless it's made fresh have everything but avacado in it).

you make your own hot sauce. I have never tried that. what proportions do you use?
  • abbylove08
    Options
    Let me just say that working at a school can RUIN a good eating-day! Teachers/Faculty/Staff seem to LOVE anything that can allow them to have a festivity of FOOD.
    Especially around HOLIDAYS and even just plain FRIDAYS.

This week being Valentine's Day, I'm sure all of us that work in schools (esp elementary) will be bombarded with treats, goodies, and chocolates on the day of the VDay party. Aghhhhh i WILL plan for it so i CAN enjoy some sweets! and i WILL go to the gym that afternoon!
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Let me just say that working at a school can RUIN a good eating-day! Teachers/Faculty/Staff seem to LOVE anything that can allow them to have a festivity of FOOD.

This week being Valentine's Day, I'm sure all of us that work in schools (esp elementary) will be bombarded with treats, goodies, and chocolates on the day of the VDay party. Aghhhhh i WILL plan for it so i CAN enjoy some sweets! and i WILL go to the gym that afternoon!
    I hate to say this, but any GOOD chocolate I get is going to my "hiding spot at home" where I will not allow myself to have more than one a day. Anything else I'm going to let my teens divide and conquer! (Maybe my husband too, if he's a good boy)!!!:wink:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options

I have that happen at school around Christmas and I get cookies and candy from even my high schoolers. I wait til they leave my room then politely offer it to the students in the next class. Helps a lot and I don't have to hurt their feelings by refusing their gift. :happy:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • Mickie17
    Options

I have that happen at school around Christmas and I get cookies and candy from even my high schoolers. I wait til they leave my room then politely offer it to the students in the next class. Helps a lot and I don't have to hurt their feelings by refusing their gift. :happy:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

Good tip Amy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: