p90x recovery drink alternative..?

Options
Hello, I was wondering if anyone had found a good alternative for the P90X recovery drink. The p90x drink is delicious and works well but it's incredibly expensive! If anyone has found a decent tasting and less expensive alternative drink mix that I could buy or a delicious recipe, I would greatly appreciate any feedback!... and please don't say chocolate milk. I know that trick but that doesn't have the nutrients I'm looking for. Thanks :)

Replies

• lifeismoto
    Options
    Look up the brand Nutrabolics....they have a HUGE selection and very good stuff...it is all I use!

http://www.nutrabolics.com/
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I went looking for a replacement as well and found Optimum Nutrition After Max Post-Workout Maximum Recovery - Chocolate Sundae is delicious with almond milk! I don't even use all three scoops, usually just 2, so it lasts longer. It's about $31 currently on Amazon and is available in Vanilla and Chocolate.

http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-After-Chocolate-Sundae/dp/B000A6QTVI
  • level99
    Options
    As much as I don't like how BB is pushing the recovery drink....it is pretty legit and taste is very nice.
    Consider Endurox R4 Orange but it wont have any cretine in it, little lumpier to mix.

Alternatively, coconut water + whey protein to get to 4:1 ratio but the cost evens out.
    If you can afford it, just go for the original drink.

I agree on chocolate milk, not even close in nutrients and a lot more trans fat.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone had found a good alternative for the P90X recovery drink. The p90x drink is delicious and works well but it's incredibly expensive! If anyone has found a decent tasting and less expensive alternative drink mix that I could buy or a delicious recipe, I would greatly appreciate any feedback!... and please don't say chocolate milk. I know that trick but that doesn't have the nutrients I'm looking for. Thanks :)

what nutrients are you talking about? I just looked at the label and nothing stands out to me.

And there is no need to have a fast acting carb + protein right after a workout, unless you are either training fasted or doing endurance type training that is glycogen depleting

But if you really wanted basically the same formula, you could buy 10lbs of dextrose, 1000g of creatine and a whey protein, you'd have over 200 servings of dextrose + creatine and about 67 servings of protein for around ~$90