How do you get through a bad self-image day?

Options
On the heels of a loss I feel depressed! I looked at a recent pick from a family member's bday party and even though the scale says I am 22 lbs down, I don't see a difference :( I am super frustrated that I even let myself gain all this weight and that it's taken me 4 1/2 months to lose 22 lbs, and I still have 30 lbs to go. Definitely need some weight loss support today. I just am so frustrated that I don't look any different now at 161.4 as I did at 183.6 :( boo. Any recommendations on how to get out of this slump would be great, thanks all.

Replies

• KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I have days when I feel like I don't look any different at all, too. That may be because I don't, I've only lost 12 pounds...
    but I usually just let it pass and try to do really well for the next few days. Just keep working at it, and have a vision in mind of how you're going to look when you reach your goal! Just image yourself with a hot new body and work with that picture in mind! Good luck!
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    on of my favorite quotes on here is "i'm not where i want to be, but i'm no longer where i once was."

you are obviously make huge strides in your goal. don't beat yourself up about the past, just look to the future. change what you can and don't worry about the past.

you can do this! you ARE doing this! ...and with the weight you've already lost, i'm sure you're noticing a difference. focus on the positive and keep pushing toward your goal. you can do it!

are you taking measurements? a before picture that you can look back on and compare a very similar pose in the same clothes side to side? sometimes i don't notice a difference until i see myself in the same clothes at the same angles....
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    keep your head up.. The weight gets harder to lose. I get bummed out cuz I don't lose like I used to, but I have down loaded some of my heaviest pictures onto my phone and look at those when I get super bummed, or I show them to people that didn't know me back then and they are always flbbergasted that those pix are me.. Remember that you are doing this for your health!! You want to live a long healthy life. Eating healthy makes you feel good! Eating crap is a quick fix! You can do this!
  • wright2396
    Options
    Take a look at your face today and compare it to back then. I bet there is a difference. Besides, even if the changes are subtle, the changes inside are certainly for the better. And, that is a very good thing!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    your brain will catch up. 22 lbs in 4 1/2 months is awesome! it took me an entire yr to lose that much!put on something that you feel good in. do your hair and makeup and look in the mirror and be proud of how far you have come!you will get there!
  • CRMrunner
    CRMrunner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My father once told me that when I feel lonely, find someone lonely to comfort. When I feel lost, find someone to lead. When I feel depressed, find someone who needs it and make them smile. It may sound corny, but the stuff we tell kids is true. It's better to give than to receive.

Find someone else who's lost weight and tell them how great they look. The truth is, you do too.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    your brain will catch up. 22 lbs in 4 1/2 months is awesome! it took me an entire yr to lose that much!put on something that you feel good in. do your hair and makeup and look in the mirror and be proud of how far you have come!you will get there!

annabell, you're the sweetest person I know! and this is great advice!
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    do something that makes u feel good about yourself. a facial and a nice girly movie something fun and relaxing. if ur like me its a good day to put on ur comfty ugly clothes and just ignore how u look for a day and enjoy a good book/movie
  • michelleherinckx
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) Just reading these makes me feel better. I guess I need to stop being sorry for myself and keep working towards my goal. You guys rock this is why I love MFP, where else would I be surrounded by so much support? :) You guys rock