Seeing things differently

Options
Now that I have lost this weight and am counting calories I see things differently. When I know I am going out I look at the menu in advance to see what I can and can not eat while at the same time not feeling deprived, but enjoying myself. Counting calories has really helped me. I've come to realize that when i do eat my favorite things I eat less because I'm limiting and counting the calories that I "can" eat. Anyways Its a exciting for me to know I can do this for the rest of life and I'm not afraid of going over in calories every once in a while. It's going to happen. As long as I stay on track that is what matters. Anyways I wish each person the best on this journey to better health and enjoy the experience as well :) It's very rewarding.

Replies

• sublime_xo
    Options
    Yes im new to calorie counting, but i never knew how easy it was! I love it and cant wait to see how far i can go. Yay us!!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Some people see it as a "chore" to have to do that stuff. I can pretty much mentally add up my calories and tell you my calories eaten, burned, and remaining at any given point during the day after doing it consistently for 11 months now. It's not a chore, it's my lifestyle. It takes a few minutes and I just have to note that now that my lifestyle involves counting calories and paying attention to my food, I look a lot better & am a lot healthier than those who think it is a "chore."

Good job!
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    It truly is a lifestyle change, not a diet :-) I feel the same way. Even when I have a wine night with the girls I run more or do more weights to make sure I can enjoy the wine without killing what I earned. All about balance!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Ditto. I feel like I'm finally going to reach some goals. It's slowly starting to come together. Cheers to getting fit and fabulous!
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    MFP really does rock doesn't it?!? I am so happy I found this site!! I've been using it every day (minus a few) since March and would not be where I am today (44 pounds lighter!) without this place. Amazing people on here too for extra support!!
    Good luck to you on the rest of your journey!