Suzanne Somers EZ Gym

Options
Has anyone used this? I got my tax refund and am hoping to purchase a small piece of exercise equipment that I can use and store in my bedroom...I was thinking I'd maybe get some sort of strength training/toning equipment, and this looks perfect...very small and compact, and with 70 different resistance band exercises, it looks like it's almost exactly what I am looking for. Here's a link in case you don't know what I mean:

http://health-fitness.hsn.com/suzanne-somers-ez-gym-over-70-exercises-dvd-and-somersize-book_p-4658586_xp.aspx

So what do you guys think? Thoughts? Personal experiences?

Replies

• BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used this? I got my tax refund and am hoping to purchase a small piece of exercise equipment that I can use and store in my bedroom...I was thinking I'd maybe get some sort of strength training/toning equipment, and this looks perfect...very small and compact, and with 70 different resistance band exercises, it looks like it's almost exactly what I am looking for. Here's a link in case you don't know what I mean:

http://health-fitness.hsn.com/suzanne-somers-ez-gym-over-70-exercises-dvd-and-somersize-book_p-4658586_xp.aspx

So what do you guys think? Thoughts? Personal experiences?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    my sis had something very similar and it was flimsy and not so hot awkward to use and ended up at a garage sale for $5.00...I would stay away from it...$100 can be used much better in my opinion....hth
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Aww man, that's exactly the kind of honest answer I was hoping for, but also exactly the answer I didn't want because I wanted to think this was a great piece of equipment...you're probably right though...$100 is a lot of money and can be used better elsewhere...hmmm
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with Dave. Most of the "home gym" stuff I've bought either broke, or (after a while) collected dust. Looking back - I kick myself with how much $$ I could have saved all those years :laugh:

If you wanna burn $100, maybe buy a couple of Personal Trainer consultations, buy a new pair of running shoes/exercise clothes, or sign up for some exercise classes (yoga, pilates, rock climbing - whatever rocks your boat!)
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    I think I am going to look into a gym membership. The local gym offers 30 free days before you sign up, and I'd like to do that...I just have to wait until after my procedure is done and my stitches are out and everything's healed up to join...otherwise it'd be a total waste of the free 30 days...I guess part of me is still a bit self-conscious about working out in a gym with other people, but oh well...I gotta get over that, eh?
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness!
    BNL I just noticed you've lost 66lbs!!!!
    YAY!
    :flowerforyou:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I think I am going to look into a gym membership. The local gym offers 30 free days before you sign up, and I'd like to do that...I just have to wait until after my procedure is done and my stitches are out and everything's healed up to join...otherwise it'd be a total waste of the free 30 days...I guess part of me is still a bit self-conscious about working out in a gym with other people, but oh well...I gotta get over that, eh?

I thought about that the first time I went to the gym, but then I thought, I'd rather have people boy at least she's doing something about it instead of going to the Burger King down the street!
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Oh my goodness!
    BNL I just noticed you've lost 66lbs!!!!
    YAY!
    :flowerforyou:

Awww thanks B!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Laura, I would definately go with the gym membership! See if you health insurance (if you have it) has any gyms that offer a discount. There are many corporate membership offers.

I just joined a gym and I cannot believe how good it feels to work out and have someone say....just one more!! I love it!!

Never thought I would say that! It is like I feel I deserve to be there because I am eating the way I should and feel so energetic!!

:heart: Jeannie
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Oh...and I dont think the SS system is bad.........you can just buy the exercise bands and a clip for the door 10 bucks at walmart! I put my exercise band thru the door and close it and do all those exercises!!

Something about being OUT of the house........it is like you have a date that doesnt wear too much cologne!!:flowerforyou: