Uh oh... My bad!

Options
Hello everyone :)

I'm a 20 year old female weighing currently 163lbs (74kg) with a height of 5"2 (160cm). I wanted to have lost 30lbs (14kg) before I went camping on Dec 27th but that hasn't happened because I've been procrastinating. How can I maximize my weight loss without going into starvation mode? Using MFP's guided goal setting for losing 2lbs a week, I am proposed to eat 1200 calories a day (the lowest amount that is healthy for a woman like me) but my projected weight loss is only 1.6lbs. I do want to do this the healthy way but the idea of a maximum of 8lbs (3.5kg) weight loss by my camping trip makes me a little guttered. Any guaranteed ways to up my weight loss? I'd be happy with 2lbs (1kg) but 4lbs (2kg) would be ideal. I'm not new to the weight loss scene having lost 18kg already but I need any advice I can get on this! Thanks for reading, I appreciate any reply :)

Sarah xx

Replies

• Kipper66
    Kipper66 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sarah, you don't say if you are doing any exercise, as I know adtional exercise works for me. If you are exercising, try something new as sometimes your body needs a kick start and by doing something different to your normal routine can work. Good luck with your journey it will happen, because you want it to :wink:
  • marshall153
    marshall153 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I do exercise on top of leading a fairly active life but I will try and make it more vigorous and mix it up a little. Thank you so much x
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    There isn't any way to lose 4 lbs a week without going into starvation mode. You can counterbalance the slow down in BMR with extreme amounts of exercise but that's not recommended without physician guidance. You're best bet for the 2lbs a week is to stick with the 1200 calories intake but up your calorie burn with a moderate amount of exercise so that your daily calorie deficit is about 1000 kcal.

9114468.png
  • marshall153
    marshall153 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I had a feeling about that... Thanks for your advice anyway - are you telling me not to eat all my exercise calories? Just some or most?
  • keyzzee
    Options
    Thanks Shivaslives, I too found that information incredibly useful, can you please tell me whether the deficient should be every day or alternate days etc.