Ideas for Chinese Cabbage??

Branched out and got a bit exotic with my groceries today and bought a pack of bok choi, now I know I can use it in a stir fry, but I'm wondering what other people do with it?

Replies

• mariechien
    mariechien Posts: 8 Member
    Chinese vegetable soup =)
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    I like it in a strifry, You can eat it raw... or I have lol. I also put it in chicken noodle soup x
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    I love a good vamped up Chicken stew using asian vegetables and aromatics!!!!

I also do the same thing with beef stew, but make it Cantonese style....
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    I split them in half and steam them lovely used as a bed for a fish fillet
  • nickymaire
    nickymaire Posts: 138 Member
    in a wok use 15mls of cooking oil and add 3 cloves of chopped garlic and cook for a minute on high heat...add the bok choy and toss until just wilted, remove and top with some oyster sauce it sounds gross but its really yum! also try and get a msg free oyster sauce. :)
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Asian beef/chicken/prawn or veggie salad made with ribbons of carrot, cucumber, bean sprouts, bok choy, red onion, and brocolli pieces. Make a dressing using: rice vinegar (1 tbsp) water (1tbsp) sugar/splenda (1/2-1 tsp), sesame oil (about 5 drops), chopped red chilli/ chilli flakes, chopped spring/green onions, chopped fresh coriander (Cilantro) and chopped fresh mint.

toss together and sprinkle on some chopped roasted peanuts- serve with/without rice noodles.
  • RedHatPatti
    RedHatPatti Posts: 71 Member
    MMMmmmmm Metal-Beau.. Now that salad sounds fabulous!! Thanks for sharing...
  • Fatchickslim
    Fatchickslim Posts: 396 Member
    Asian beef/chicken/prawn or veggie salad made with ribbons of carrot, cucumber, bean sprouts, bok choy, red onion, and brocolli pieces. Make a dressing using: rice vinegar (1 tbsp) water (1tbsp) sugar/splenda (1/2-1 tsp), sesame oil (about 5 drops), chopped red chilli/ chilli flakes, chopped spring/green onions, chopped fresh coriander (Cilantro) and chopped fresh mint.

toss together and sprinkle on some chopped roasted peanuts- serve with/without rice noodles.

OMG yum!!!!!!!!!!