b12 shots to help lose weight

rita27ny
rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
Hi

b12 shots to help lose weight has ne1 tried this method? I heard it speeds up metabolism and a lady lost 40lbs in a month.

Thnks

Replies

• Cleo200
    Cleo200 Posts: 62 Member
    I've never heard of this, but having tried thermo fat burners, vit B6 with kelp etc and one or two other slimming pills years ago I dont belive there is such thing as a "quick fix" without either damaging your body or gaining the weight back twice as fast as you lost it. I truly believe eat less and move more is the only soloution to a long term healthy body and healthy weight.

:o)
  • RedHatPatti
    RedHatPatti Posts: 71 Member
    I agree .. I've spent bunches on different "diet" "Herbal" , thermal fat burner, suppose to be good for you... diet enhancers over the years and I've lost some but always gained it back.. It gives you an initial boost..but you just have to change the way you eat and exercise.. AND Believe me.. I HATE to exercise most days.. But will be glad when I can again!! Good luck
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    40lbs in one month? I think that would be very un-realistic unless you had a gastric by-pass or gastric banding and even then likely not that much. I've also tried many things over the many many years and as the other members have said they may help for a short period but they do not help in the long run and the weight will just come back on with extra to boot. Stick to the calorie plan and exercise you will find that to be the best way to keep it off long term, all of the quick fixes usually just cause more trouble than they are worth.
  • patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    I take a b12 shot once a month and it hasn't helped me. I am not taking them for that reason but because I am deficient.
    anyway I havent lost any major weight.
  • I have tried them! Gives me energy.
  • NGMama
    NGMama Posts: 384 Member
    B12 alone won't cause a weight loss like that. It's what the Bernstein plan is. B vitamin injections and a very high protein, low carb, low calorie diet. I tried and lost a lot the first month but was so sick my doc threatened me with hospitalization if I didn't stop. Most people I know who did that program re-gained it all and then some when they came off of it AND several had emergency gall bladder removals too.
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    thnks mama i take a b12vitamin its great and gives me energy.
  • mcrmsi77
    mcrmsi77 Posts: 216 Member
    I get a B12 shot every month because i am extremly anemic but i dont think it has helped with my weight loss it just gives me energy!
This discussion has been closed.