anyone a size 18 and wanna be a size 8/10

Options
hey anyone like me cant wait to get back in my old clothes but ive got sooooooo long to go it feels like its gunna take years!!!!

Replies

• angelswank
    angelswank Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I started 6 months ago in a size 26 and am now down to a size 14 so it's possible.
  • babbityboo
    babbityboo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'd love to in a dream world!! I started anywhere between 18-22. I'd be so incredibly happy if I made it to a 12!

It does feel like an extremely long long way off.

Feel free to add :) x
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Me me! I've never been a size 8... Well, probably, but I don't remember.
  • IndependentMe
    IndependentMe Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I started as 18, now a 14, and beginning my 6 month quest to size 8/10 tomorrow with a healthy day of eating, and a plan for Thanksgiving. Good luck! Friend me if you want. Long journeys seem quicker with friends!
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    oh me definitely
    I am a size 18 now but 20s might be more comfy if I am honest
    I have some beautiful clothes in all the sizes I need to get back to my wonderful size 10

good luck to us all I am sure we can do it especially those of us who have been there before
  • Tiffysinsanity
    Tiffysinsanity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I just had my second child and was in a 13. I'm now in a 17. I should probably be in an 18 but when I bought those I was to embarased to go get a bigger size. They're a little more comfortable to wear now but even though I'm loosing weight getting into those jeans again seems so far away.
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I started here in January of 2011 at a size 24... and am now comfortably fitting a 10... and they are starting to get a bit baggy... I never thought I'd fit an 8, but maybe... just maybe...

You can totally do this!
  • rcrews4
    rcrews4 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    YES!!! We can do it!
  • Manysongs
    Options
    I would!! I started out at a tight 24 and am down to a loose 18. It does take a while but the slower the better!! It's more likely to stay off...at least for me. Feel free to add me if you like. :smile:

10879315.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I started in 22, now down to a 16...my goal is to be an 8/10!!
  • beckamelia1
    Options
    i havent been shopping for ages i hate picking up size 18 i hide the tag at the top of the hanger but who am i fooling!!
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    it's do-able :) i started december 25th.. i was in a size 18, i'm in a size 9/10 right now (this would be jr's sizes) and i've still got about 9 pounds to lose to hit goal weight & size 8 :) whoo-hoo! you can do anything you set your mind too.. it takes willpower, determination, a positive attitude, and faith in yourself!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I started in 22, now down to a 16...my goal is to be an 8/10!!

Me too!!
  • Cleo200
    Cleo200 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You can do it!

I have managed to get from an 18 to a 10 in 10 months (granted it was really bloody hard!) but it can be done and you can do it! Providing it's the true weight for your body obviously, you need to make sure what you are aiming for is a healthy and achieveable weight for your body. I would love to be a size 6-8 but I know I would literally have to almost take my body to the point of starvation to get there as it's just not my build although I am petite.

Ive got about 6lbs left to go, feel free to add me and we can motivate each other.

Looking forward to seeing your post in success stories!!

Cleo :o)
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure exactly where I want to end up size wise. I just know I want out of these dreadful plus size clothing. I started out at 290 pounds and entered a goal weight of 150. We'll see when I get to that point if I want to lose more or what. I will never get back to where I was in my 20's (size 4) and that's fine with me.

So you can see I am going to be here for a long journey, but honestly my first 30 days sorta flew by. I was surprised when it popped up that I had logged in for 30 days. I take it one day at a time and sometimes just one meal at a time.

So I think you'll find lots of us here who will be around for quite awhile and even stay after they reach their goal weight for maintenance. As others have said, if you think I could be of help to you feel free to befriend me. My diary is open to the public and I also blog so feel free to review my diary and read my blogs if you wish.

Have a Great Day!
  • beckamelia1
    Options
    ive lost 18lbs but still not fitting in a size 16 grrrrrrrr its stressing me out my weight is 217.8 am i been totally silly even tryin them on!!
  • lehrlinger
    lehrlinger Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Last Easter, I was a size 14. Now I'm a 10, looking at size 8 clothes. I started by cutting down on helping size. I joined a gym in late august. I joined this group in October, so it doesn't reflect all the weight lost.
  • beckamelia1
    Options
    thanx everyone guess i just need to settle down and just go with the flow ov this LONG journey good luck everyone!!:smile:
  • chocciechip
    chocciechip Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You guys are all so inspirational! I've been stuck at the 16/18 for years though was told I always carried it well... I tried going along to a well known slimming class when I stood on the scale the woman behind the desk said ' I can't believe you way THAT much!' utterly humiliating.

since trying to stick to using this site and making sure I account for everything I've made it to a 14 which is getting a bit loose now on the trousers. I would LOVE to be a 10 though in reality not sure my body would ever be that (got hips and boobs) I went from kid sizes straight to a 12 ... but I shall persevere!!
  • inuit
    inuit Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Started at size 22, creeping into 24s, now 20s are a little loose, just bought a small size 18 leather jacket, cannot do it up get, but it is so gorgeous I want to be able to wear it in the next two weeks i want to be able to zip it up.

Not sure i will ever get to a 10, aiming for a UK 12.