delete friends??

Options
Do you give your friend a couple of weeks of not logging in...a month??
how long do you wait??

Replies

• sweets2001
    Options
    It depends on how long they've been on my friend list as well as how supportive and motivating they had been when they were on.
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    have you tried to send them a message
    to be honest I dont delete anyone I just think they might need a friend when they perhaps try again
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    A few of mine are absent for a long time but I don't let it bother me but then again I don't have that many friends compared to some.

I've sent some messages for when they become active but once they get passed 2 months I'll delete
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Unless I am good friends with them, or know they are not going to be online. 7 days is the absolute max.

No point wasting my energy on someone who doesn't care.
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    I send them a message if they have been gone for more than a week...
    I have waited to delete people who have been gone for 2 months
    but thinking a month is a long time:)
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I wait a least a month if my messages gets no respone then i delete. When they get ready they will comeback and they can resend their request. This is not Facebook.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I never delete anyone. Why would I? It's not like their non-presence is taking up space. In fact many of the people who haven't logged in will and do come back and they're appreciative of the support they've gotten, I think that's how I stumbled back on MyFitNessPal.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    wow, so this made me go back and look to see who had been logging on... so only 2 of my friends have not logged on in a month... about 5 of my friends have not logged in in a week.... 95%of my friends have logged in today or yesterday so yay go my friends!
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    a month is a long time...2 weeks is a long time. i honestly would let them go that month and that's it....everyone is going to have a bad week or a bad few days or god forbid..knock on wood...if someone has a loved one pass then yes a bad few weeks...but a month just to sign on to a site to say hey still alive or just sign in so your friends there know your alive....yeah that's not that hard. the people whom don't sign in for that long of a period of time are the ones that have just giving up. This weight loss and gain cycle we have have all been in is a sickness just like smoking. it is an addiction and some people fall off the wagon. are they horrible people for stopping...NO, but they are the ones that have to make the decision not you. i would write them a note letting them know that your deleting them, and let them know its because you feel that they have given up and that you feel bad for them but are not mad and if they ever decide to get really serious with it again to look you up.
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It depends on how long they've been on my friend list as well as how supportive and motivating they had been when they were on.

I've deleted some inactives (over a month or two of not logging in) over the last month or two but only after messaging them a few times and after not hearing back I delete them.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    My max is 10 days if it someone who is barely on here and never comments or talks to me. If we know each other well and support each other then I will give them 3 weeks. I know life gets in the way at times.