Middle of Jamaica right now

Options
2»

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    *siiiigggggghhhh*

Well, I'm back. the whole group that went discussed it on the bus ride to the plane yesterday, we have come to the conclusion that the resort staff somehow drugged us, and threw us into some matrix like event "Down the rabbit hole, NEO". Because we all agree that there is no way that was seven days. I look back and it felt like 2 tops. :tongue:

It was an awesome time though, sun every day (little windy, but that's the Jamaican winter I guess). I highly recommend the Grand Palladium resort. If you just want to relax (not a ton to do there at night besides eat and get really drunk) it's perfect. I also recommend Negril, that was awesome. the beach is really great, and there is cheap beer all down the beach. Lots of drugs being sold though, that was a little creepy. They don't really push the issue, and you never felt threatened, but they were offering you something every 50 yards or so. "Want some smoke, Mon? Want some Black ash?" (Black Hash). A couple of guys offered me coke too. I kept thinking... "Do I really look like a guy who wants coke?" Anyway, don't let that scare you, first time I have ever been too a place where even guys selling drugs were friendly and nice. LOL!

So with all that done and in the books, I feel good about how I handled the week food and exercise wise. I ate more then Here, probably gained 3 or 4 pounds (haven't checked yet), but overall I did well. Worked out or ran every day execpt the Negril day, but I was in the ocean swimming or jumping on the floating trampoline all day there, so I don't feel like I missed out. And I didn't really pig out at all. Well, maybe one dinner I did, but most of the time I just did good. Egg white omletes at breakfast, and lots of fruit and protein, picked decent dinners, and even had salads and chicken for lunch (mostly).
    It wasn't even that hard to do that, even with the buffet.

Anyway, I highly recommend that trip, Yes jamaica is REALLY poor, but the people were extremely friendly, and the weather was almost perfect!
    Pictures a little later when we unpack and I have time to upload them.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    So glad you had a good time. Hope you didnt have TOO many Rum Punches!! Hard to stay sober when your on the Islands!!

:glasses:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    So glad you had a good time. Hope you didnt have TOO many Rum Punches!! Hard to stay sober when your on the Islands!!

That depends on your definition of "TOO many" I guess. I never threw up. Does that count? I DID have 1 "stagger back to the room" night though. Just one (far better then previous vacations) but I had mental anguish the next day for about 10 minutes about how many calories I drank that night, then I worked out EXTRA hard that day. LOL!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I hope you tried some real Jamaican food like ackee and salt fish, curry goat, jerk chicken and pork....ah the list goes on and on!!

I'm glad you are home safe!! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey! Glad you had a good time and are home safe!

At least most of the snow piles are melted around these parts now!! :bigsmile:

I have a friend going to Florida this week. :sad: :sad:

I SO want to get away to some REAL warmth! I just want to feel WARM sun and wind on my skin!! *SIGH!*
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

That depends on your definition of "TOO many" I guess. I never threw up. Does that count? I DID have 1 "stagger back to the room" night though. Just one (far better then previous vacations) but I had mental anguish the next day for about 10 minutes about how many calories I drank that night, then I worked out EXTRA hard that day. LOL!

we went 20 yrs ago and even then I didnt drink much. I would tell my DH I was feeling sick and he would put another drink in my hand! I was tipsy for 4 days! But I did have the courage (liquid as it was) to snorkel!

Did you get to snorkel any of the reefs? (I said REEFS....jeez):laugh:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Mir,
    I did have the jerk chicken, and some of their local snapper (delicious by the way on both accounts). Generally they didn't have any really crazy local fair at the resort, and the local eateries were a bit sketchy for my taste (thatch roofed huts along the road). I'm not all that adventurous when it comes to food anyway.

Tam
    It WAS nice to come back to less snow and temp above 32 (slightly) but I still prefer 85 and sunny.:tongue: Florida was a little cool when we were in the area (about 60 or so)

AW
    I didn't get to snorkel (they were always out of equipment by the time I decided), but I did plenty of ocean swimming, and I've reef snorkeled a bunch of times, so I don't feel like I missed out. I almost went sailing on a 2 man catamaran, but it was soo windy I decided it wasn't in my best health options to do that. My brother did though, and loved it although he almost died when a giant gust of wind pushed him toward some nasty rocks and he missed em by like 5 feet.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome. Glad you had a great time and came home safe.

My hat's off to you for continuing to work out while enjoying your vacation.

Once again, a great role model for us all.

janiebeth