Thoughts on this article....

Options

Replies

• drdenise
    drdenise Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It is sad and in a way, repulsive. Sorry, but many of us eat for emotional reasons, it is comforting. This is beyond that, and is repulsive. And her family is enabling her. Another sad part......because of people like this, the rest of us pay higher health care costs. And what she ate in a day could feed FAMILIES.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I'm just disgusted at the husband more than anything - it can be difficult to look after yourself and we've all had weight problems, which is why we're on this site, but when you get so fat that you are literally the fattest person on the planet...how can you do that to yourself?
    And how can you find it attractive?
    I know there's a lot of chubby chasers out there but surely someone this big is just ...too much?
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Harsh as it sounds, this is where I feel we are messing with evolution a bit.
    People should not be able to get so fat they can no longer get their own food! Even with the conveniences we have in life now, at some point you have to walk to the shops or get in the car or go to work and earn some money!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    good for them
  • 3shirts
    Options
    good for them

I'm pretty sure being 52St is not good for anyone.
    I see what you are saying but the sex angle is just something they've thrown in because it's The Sun and wouldn't feature unless it had some sex reference. I suspect it is a little overstated. I also spotted a rather incongruous reference to disability benefit, immoral bloody rag that paper is.
    The underlying story is just rather sad
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    good for them

sorry what are your thoughts behind your comment? interested...
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    good for them

I was going to say the same thing.

Let people be.
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I wasnt sure about going to do the Stationary Bike. But after seeing this...30 mins on the bike today wont be to bad.
    Thanks for the motivation.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    good for them

that its not up to me what people do with their own bodies. Shes not harming anyone else,

My only real criticism is that shes using her son as a carer, which is not fair on him
  • 3shirts
    Options
    good for them

that its not up to me what people do with their own bodies. Shes not harming anyone else,

My only real criticism is that shes using her son as a carer, which is not fair on him

No one is suggesting it's up to us but if she chooses to have articles in the paper, surely she expects people to talk about it. She even said that she hoped the humiliation of being the worlds fattest woman would motivate her to lose weight. She, like all of us on here, wants others to help her get motivated to be fit and healthy.