Colder weather ahead

Options
Now that it is getting closer to winter, days are getting cold. Most times, I can't go out because of my baby. Anyone know of a good way to exercise within the home? I jog up and down my stairs, and lift weights... But it just doesn't seem enough. Any tips would be helpful, Thank You!

Replies

• JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    How about some workout DVDs. I am way to self concsious to go to a class right now (which is one of my personal goals to over come) so I have a variety of DVDs and Wii workouts that I can do at home,
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Some workout DVDs are great. I started out with Jilliam Micheals 30 day Shred, it is a fantastic workout and with warmup its about 27 minutes.
  • sporter5
    sporter5 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My favorite investment is my stationary bike,,, I turn on a netflix show or get my book and pedal away! You can get them at very reasonable prices!
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Hi. If you had access to a mini trampoline that would help with the work out. You can job in place on it and it's not hard on the knees. Also, floor exercises to tighten and tone. Knee leg lifts, side leg lifts, pelvic squeeze, and arm curls are just a few. If you have free weights those will also help you out. Good luck
  • bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I love many of the fitness games for the Wii, especially Zumba. Though Zumba does come on a DVD too so if you don't have/want to buy a console that would be a good option.

I think home workouts can be just as effective as gym workouts, the only time I exercise outside of my own home is when I go swimming or walking, the rest of my cardio and strength training is all done at home, using equipment that's far cheaper to by than annual gym membership :smile:
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Workout DVDs or exercisetv.tv :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Exercise DVDs. Home exercise machines/equipment - if you don't have the cash or room for a full size machine there are several light versions that are not expensive and can be stored in a closet or under a bed. Calesthenics.
  • Toomuchmommy
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I'm going to try the fitness DVD's.
  • inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I agree with sporter5! I just bought a stationary recumbent bike (at a very reasonable price from Kmart) so I could exercise in the house during the winter...I have been wanting a good quality treadmill and elliptical but way out of my price range. Didn't think cheap was the way to go with treadmill and elliptical but knew I couldn't go another winter without something to do. It wasn't until my sister bought a recumbent bike ( i bought one like hers), i tried it out, and thought it would work...I am pleased with mine so so far!