HELP!!! Can not figure this out?

Options
Ok, here is what is going on Saturday i was 122.4, we had company and ate and drank and ate some ice cream b-day cake, sunday i was 122, we had company and ate and drank and had some more ice cream b-day cake, monday i was 121, monday i ate and stayed under my cal and today i am 123.2?? How the hell does that happen?? Oh, and i did go on my treadmill everyday and burned quite a few calories? So can anyone explain how that is possible?

Replies

• Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Ok, here is what is going on Saturday i was 122.4, we had company and ate and drank and ate some ice cream b-day cake, sunday i was 122, we had company and ate and drank and had some more ice cream b-day cake, monday i was 121, monday i ate and stayed under my cal and today i am 123.2?? How the hell does that happen?? Oh, and i did go on my treadmill everyday and burned quite a few calories? So can anyone explain how that is possible?
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Well I've heard that your calories aren't turned in immediately if you know what I mean you may eat junk and it wouldn't show up for a few days. But if you worked out, I don't know :ohwell:
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Well....i think it would take a few days to catch up with you right? Like...if you eat an entire cake and then go weigh yourself...your weight won't have changed..I dont think it's instantaneous.....but, since you've been working out, I bet you'll get back on track in no time.....my advice..just stay off the scale every day! hahahaha...i hate the scale..you know every now and then you can splurge and your working out to compensate so...dont stress over the 1 or 2 lbs difference!!! :)
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Water weight and weigh yourself once a week.
  • sportsmomof2
    Options
    Your weight will fluctuate several times through out the day..due to the bodys natural cycle. If you are weighing at different times that can be part of it. Your bodies natural cycle to hold water and release may also play a part. As for the calories..its quite possible you burned enough to work off the cake and drinks..anyway...moderation is the key...so jump back on track and you will continue to go in the right direction.

BTW...CONGRATS on your weight loss!!

:smile:
  • Mom_To_5
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your input and i never thought about the fact that it may take a day or two to catch up and also the water retention, which i think might of been what it was since this monring my weight was 121.4 again.
    As for staying off the scale and only weighing once a week, i can't i'm addicted to my scale LOL and i do always weigh myself as soon as i get up and go to the washroom, so it is roughly the same time everyday, welll except on weekends!! LOL

Thanks again to all who replied, everyone is so wonderful and full of support andd motivation on this site. I LOVE it!!

Good luck to everyone!!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your input and i never thought about the fact that it may take a day or two to catch up and also the water retention, which i think might of been what it was since this monring my weight was 121.4 again.
    As for staying off the scale and only weighing once a week, i can't i'm addicted to my scale LOL and i do always weigh myself as soon as i get up and go to the washroom, so it is roughly the same time everyday, welll except on weekends!! LOL

Thanks again to all who replied, everyone is so wonderful and full of support andd motivation on this site. I LOVE it!!

Good luck to everyone!!
    I hear ya! I am so addicted to the scale too...I should really tuck it away and only weigh once a week, but it's so hard! I do the exact same thing as you, I get up, go to the bathroom , weigh myself, then get dressed or shower or whatever. It's a ritual...lol
  • Mom_To_5
    Options
    LOL, i am so glad i'm not theonly one that is addicted to the scale!! I have the exact same ritual!!

GREAT JOB on the weight loss BTW!! Keep up the GREAT work!!