Operation: Sexy Claus Week #10 11.21.11 *Clsoed Group*

Options
Good Morning ladies! So sorry I was not able to post a new thread on Monday. I once again have had so much going on. Including getting into a car accident on Friday and now hoping my car is not totaled! Ugh! One more notch under my belt for the month of November right. Not to mention I got on the scale yesterday and just about cried!

Anyways, please make sure to log your weight!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE81SVEtMGVTaFFpLWJveDJJOXNWOUE6MQ

Replies

• Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Ok! So who is all the way back up to 218!!!??? Oh, that would be my fat a#* Stress has definitely taken a toll on my body this past 4 weeks! Jesus! I am so mad with myself...but at the same time. It just means I have a lot of work to do...but damnit....I am going to do it! No matter what! So I am changing my ticker back to my weight now, setting new goals for the next few months and just moving forward!

Question of the Day: What are your plans for Thanksgiving?!
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Oh how I hate thanksgiving. We only have 7 people all together, but we have 4 courses.
    This is what I am going to have to battle on Thursday:
    1) Antipasto: enough cheese, deli meats, veggies, bread, rolls, peppers, olives and other appetizer-y things to feed an entire army.
    2) Ravioli: home-made cheese and meat ravioli
    3) Actual thanksgiving dinner... turkey, potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, beans, peas, corn, cauliflower, gravy, stuffing, carrots, etc. etc. etc. ... it just never ends.
    4) dessert... apple pie, pumpkin pie, chocolate cream pie, other pies, and candy! lots of candy.

I'm aiming for little tiny portions so that i can satisfy my desire to eat everything, but only in small amounts. I know I'm going to be over calories, and I am ok with that, but I'm hoping to end my day around 2,000 instead of something ridiculous like 4,000 after having so much food in front of me.

Then... we have leftovers for at least 3 nights... so this hell continues until at least Monday.

My boyfriend is coming home, so I'll be spending one day with him (and his idea of a date = food).

I have my comprehensive exam for my master's program on 12/3, so this weekend is going to be full of STRESS, STRESS and more STRESS!

AHHHH! I just hope I can control myself enough not to balloon back up!

so so so scared :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:
  • MelL1205
    Options
    And Krys -- sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you are OK --- hope you car is too! :heart: :heart:
  • _CHRISTIE_
    _CHRISTIE_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you.. I was at 180 this am.... partially b/c of TOM....and partially b/c I've completely turned back to my old stupid behind ways.... so here I am again saying that I'm going to focus and do my part this week...

Krys-sorry you've had so much going on!! Hugs!!! how are you feeling? Ever find out anything about the chest pain? sucks about your car and hope to goodness it's not totaled! glad you weren't hurt!!!!! we can do this girl...

my personal goal today is water water water.... I think that's been one of the reasons I've been STARRVVVINGGG lately... is b/c I'm not getting my water in.... also we need to be thinking now of a game plan for thanksgiving so that we dont' completely overdo it....

I'm still trying to figure mine out so give me tips! I'm thinking if I focus on the turkey and veggies.. I know we'll have turkey, greenbeans, and cranberry sauce for sure that wont' be too high in calories... I'm sure I'll splurge on some of the other things but want to do it in moderation first and have made the plan to eat just my healthy things first and then get up to splurge on the mac and cheese and mashed potatoes and some of those things then I'll already will be full and won't want alot of it.... and also I plan on drinking 60-80 oz of water before we eat at lunchtime.... to try to make myself fuller before I'm fixing my plate....
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your car accident Krystle, hope your car will be ok! Glad you are OK!

Anyway, I am up even more!!!! 176.0 More than when I started...ugh!:grumble: I just looked at my weigh in's and I was down to 169.2 on October 24th! :blushing: I need to stop this weight gain trend I've been having.....

Honestly I am not going to worry about Thanksgiving. I am not really a "sweets" person. I don't crave desserts. I just need to watch my portions of the other things! I LOVE mashed potatoes and stuffing. I :heart: Carbs!:laugh:

Anyway, i hope you all have a wonderful time with family and friends.:flowerforyou:
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    hey ladies!

my mom and i vouched that we would be good and not totally gorge ourselves on thanksgiving. we are going to my aunt's house, and usually that consists of a million appetizers (chips, dips, etc) and then a huge dinner with endless deserts. this year my aunt wants minimal snacks (thank god!!!) so we're bringing veggies with hummus. i am happy! my plan for thanksgiving dinner is to eat as many veggies as possible and minimize the bad stuff. we'll see. i plan on getting a big workout in that morning just in case! :)

in other news, i totally slacked the last few days of last week but ended up losing .6lbs. i am grateful i didn't gain, but this month has been a slow weight loss month for me. i know it's my own fault. definitely need to stop slacking! so sunday and yesterday i got in 2 GREAT workouts and i plan on continuing that trend all week. i want to see a loss this week, not a gain!

to those of you who have gained, believe me i've been there! just keep going! you can do it! :)
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Krys... Thanks for the thread, and don't be too hard on yourself. You can't change the past, you can only take charge of the future, and use the past as motivation. :drinker:

QOD: No Thanksgiving for me, thank goodness. Mine was pretty bad last month... If anyone is interested, I summarized Michael Pollan's Food Rules into a blog for the Easter, but it applies to all holidays. :bigsmile: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Steph_135/view/easter-food-rules-95522 Good luck, my American friends.
  • Stephinow
    Options
    Hi, all! I'm up 1.5 but hoping that is all TOM.

QOD: I absolutely love, love, love this time of year. I love the weather, I love the giving, I love the food, and I love everyone's generous and loving attitude. We always have Thanksgiving at my mom's house, and we include a lot of vegetables in the menu, and I always made the desert, which is a lower-fat, lower-calorie, lower-sugar version of the really fattening one.

I just have 4 rules that I follow: 1, eat sensibly leading up to dinner; 2, at dinner eat a lot of veggies and only white meat turkey (very little, if any, of the other side dishes); 3, eat 1 small serving of desert; and 4, have Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving day and let it go.
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I don't have to worry about Thanksgiving, since mine was last month (us weird Canadians :laugh: ).

So I am up 6lbs! I am pretty sure it is from all the food I gorged on at the Twilight premiere. Yeah standing in a line and smelling all the horrible (but amazing smelling) food, did me in. I think I went over my calories by about 2500 calories in that 5 hrs period. WTH??

So hopefully I will be able to work it off this week and be back down to where I was last week.

Krys - hope you and your car are ok. :flowerforyou:
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Again another Canadian here so no Turkey time here either!
    The scale was down .4 for me and I will take it since it is the first time I have seen a downward movement in what feels like forever.

Not much to report here, hope all those that are celebrating this weekend enjoy yourselves and try hard to remember it isn't all about the food... talk to me at Christmas and see if I am singing the same song!!!! Actually I will be.... we are travelling to my in-laws and and MIL is the worst cook in all of Canada!
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear that you're ok, and I will keep my fingers crossed about your car.

I've had my first loss in a few weeks this past week. Down 1.5 after being up a pound. Nowhere near to reaching my goals for this fall and winter, but I've resigned myself to the rest of this journey being a slow one. I am very slim up top, but have the stubborn butt and thigh pudge to work on. I know that is going to take longer to get rid of. I gained this weight over the course of 10 years... I will allow myself a year or two to get rid of it.

Thanksgiving is going to be a whirlwind. I had hoped to have time to make some healthier options for Thanksgiving but time is not on my side this year with having to take care of my mother-in-law and her health issues. I plan to make honey glazed carrots (recipe I found on Cookinglight.com) and we're in charge of making sweet potatoes and green bean casserole. If I don't arrive with the old favorites, there would be a riot at my parent's house. So we're going to oblige... this year. :smile:

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving (and a wonderful rest of the week for our Canadian friends). This week may not treat us well on the scale, but what is one week in a lifetime? Enjoy yourselves!
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    Ok! So who is all the way back up to 218!!!??? Oh, that would be my fat a#* Stress has definitely taken a toll on my body this past 4 weeks! Jesus! I am so mad with myself...but at the same time. It just means I have a lot of work to do...but damnit....I am going to do it! No matter what! So I am changing my ticker back to my weight now, setting new goals for the next few months and just moving forward!

Praying for you girl. I know how you feel I am going through a lot of stress right now and I can honestly say I havent stepped on the scale because I know its not going to be pretty. Saturday is my dress shopping day. Come Monday I am getting back on the wagon. No more crap I need to focus on me. I have been so cranky and b*tchy lately because I am no happy with myself. Everyone have a great Thanksgiving ... I will be back Monday with my A game.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!

Since it is the day before Thanksgiving for us here in the States (Totally thinking about my out of country people here lol) If anyone has anything to share...please do! I won't do a QOD since I know there is probably a lot of hustling going on right now in preparation for the holiday. But please share your feelings, thoughts, motivational words, etc. :)
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies...

I havent been around much because work is really been busy....I'm planning for a major event for Monday so hopefully after that things will settle.

I lost 0.5 lbs and I'm sure that is from running from my desk to the copier every five minutes....maybe I should get a pedometer and see how much milage I'm doing everyday.

Well since I dont live in the US there is no Thanksgiving for me. But I we will be celebrating Independence next week.......so I need to psyche out myself...

I hope all of you enjoyed your Thanksgiving celebrations...Keep up the Good work ladies...
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING LADIES!!!!
  • MelL1205
    Options
    Hope you all (in the States) had a nice Thanksgiving holiday.

I am pleased to report that I set myself a goal for the food I was going to eat, and I did not exceed that goal. I definitely let myself splurge (2100 calories, instead of my usual 1300-1400). But, I did not go crazy. :smile:

Now, however, the leftovers are killing me. :ohwell:

Hoping on Monday, my weigh-in will be the same and not a gain.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!! :happy: