ChaLEAN Extreme

Options
Is anyone on here doing this workout?

I have just ordered it for me and my fiance so I'm hoping for good results for both of us!

He has around 14lbs to loose and also wants to bulk up a bit..

Replies

• deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Is anyone on here doing this workout?

I have just ordered it for me and my fiance so I'm hoping for good results for both of us!

He has around 14lbs to loose and also wants to bulk up a bit..
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I just started doing it. For me it is a tough workout but I have alot to lose. So far I have only done Day 1 and I like it so far. There are some other women on here who have been doing it since it came out.
    They seem to like it.

Connie
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Yes. I will be completing my first round at the end of this week! I love it. It is a different mind set on the slow motion of weight training but really, really liking it. The cardio workouts are exceptional! Chalene is a great motivator and the workouts fly by! :smile: I am still trying to figure out how to log those workouts onto MFP. I am so excited someone started this post. Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • deedun
    Options
    Do you think it would be a good workout for a man to do?

He's 6ft and weighs around 235lbs..
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Definitely. They have a man the workouts as well and you can tell he is working hard. It is all what you put into it as far as the weights & the "push" of a slow movement; not as many reps. So make sure you guys have heavy enough weights that he can feel the burn! Ha Ha Because it is slow motion of pushing the weights. It is to a "failure" point so it needs to be tough for him. :wink: I think it would be great for both of you. Hope this helps. :smile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Yep, I am! I'm in week 9 now (the LEAN phase) and LOVING it! I've lost about 5# (which is good because I am already at my *goal* weight) and feeling leaner and stronger all over!

I think it would be great for men too, the lifting is slow and intense. Chalene is super motivating and gives great pointers and tips on form so you can really focus on weight training. And the cardio is really fun too! :bigsmile:

Let me know if you have any questions about it!

Jess
  • deedun
    Options
    I will do!

What weight weights are you using now jess?
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I will do!
    What weight weights are you using now jess?

Well, I have been lifting heavier w/ P90X for a while now... so don't feel like you have to use what I do! But I usually lift heavier than Chalene says she is lifting. I'm using 25-30# for biceps, 20-30# for shoulders (depends on the exercise), 30# for chest, 30-40# for back flyes, rows, and leg work. The Push phase (2nd month) you can really lift heavy because there is only 6-8 reps. The Burn and Lean phases (1st and 3rd months) you are doing 10-12 reps.

It's really about learning how heavy *you* can lift and pushing yourself to failure by the last rep. HTH!

Jess
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hey Jess - How do you log your ChaLEAN workouts into MFP?
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hey Jess - How do you log your ChaLEAN workouts into MFP?

Well, I just got a heart rate monitor, so I will be using that for my calories. But... I log the strength training under circuit training, general. And then for cardio I usually use the aerobic, high impact for something like burn it off!, and also for burn intervals I use the circuit training.

Hope that answers your question! Good luck and keep me posted on how it is going for you!

Jess
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I log all of mine under cardio because I have a HRM. If you do it under strength training it wont tell you how many calories you burn. I am just starting out so I use between 5,8 and 10 lbs although I think on a couple of them I might be able to go just a little bit heavier.

Connie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hmmmm I will go in there and see what you mean & try to figure it out. :wink: Thanks so much. Glad to hear it is a success for you! I am hoping so much it is for me as well. I do love it that's forsure but at the same time really want to see the results! :smile: Glad to be able to have someone to chat with about it. I will keep in touch. :bigsmile: I would also love to know how your food intake goes? I want to make sure I am doing it right. I am eating super clean and right from the book but I know it is the timing and appropriate calories as well. Thanks again Jess. :smile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hmmmm I will go in there and see what you mean & try to figure it out. :wink: Thanks so much. Glad to hear it is a success for you! I am hoping so much it is for me as well. I do love it that's forsure but at the same time really want to see the results! :smile: Glad to be able to have someone to chat with about it. I will keep in touch. :bigsmile: I would also love to know how your food intake goes? I want to make sure I am doing it right. I am eating super clean and right from the book but I know it is the timing and appropriate calories as well. Thanks again Jess. :smile:

I am not going as low as recommended. 1,400 cals is not enough for me. I am also running 3x a week because I am half marathon training. But keeing it clean and trying to eat every 3 hrs or so, that works well for me. Please let me know how you are doing!

I did Lean Circuit #2 this morning, and my shoulders are still on fire! :bigsmile:
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Thanks for letting me know. That is what I do is a small meal/snack every 3 hours. I have been around 1200 cal or just over. Which may not be enough?!? That's why I would love to get my exercise tracked a little better for calories burned. :ohwell: Good on you for being a marathoner! WOW. I would love to get into running but haven't found it to be my passion as of yet! I will definitely keep you posted. I am going to weigh in as soon as Burn Circuit is over. Worried I won't have much loss but I have been really good so I feel I should. Excited to start PUSH Circuit. :smile: I am going to start incorporating some more cardio into it as well. Then I will really need to figure out the calories and adjusting to that so I get enough.
  • deedun
    Options
    Hey how is everyone getting on with ChaLEAN?

Mine arrived yesterday (THanks JEss!!) so we will be starting it probably tonight!

For those of you with a HRM, how many cals do you find yourself burning?
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hello! That's great that you got it :smile: I am absolutely loving it and I just started using my HRM yesterday so I will keep you posted! According to the HRM I burned 286 calories. I did the workout (PUSH Circ. #1 and Extreme Abs) So that was good and better than what I had been assuming through MFP. :wink: Hope this helps. I think you are going to love it!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hey how is everyone getting on with ChaLEAN?

Mine arrived yesterday (THanks JEss!!) so we will be starting it probably tonight!

For those of you with a HRM, how many cals do you find yourself burning?

YEAH! I just got my HRM so I'm just getting used to how many cals. For most of the 40 min strength training I've been burning about 240 cals or so (which is good for strength training, and remember that you burn more cals as your body recovers!). I haven't used it for Burn Intervals or Burn It Off yet! Make sure to post after your first workout!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hello! That's great that you got it :smile: I am absolutely loving it and I just started using my HRM yesterday so I will keep you posted! According to the HRM I burned 286 calories. I did the workout (PUSH Circ. #1 and Extreme Abs) So that was good and better than what I had been assuming through MFP. :wink: Hope this helps. I think you are going to love it!

That's great! Don't ya love Chalene?? She's so motivating! I had a nice compliment today too. I was running on the treadmill at the Y and saw a lady I hadn't seen there in about a month. She came over and said... you look smaller! Wow, you've really lost more weight! :bigsmile: Woohoo, that made it worth it to me! :laugh:
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options

That's great! Don't ya love Chalene?? She's so motivating! I had a nice compliment today too. I was running on the treadmill at the Y and saw a lady I hadn't seen there in about a month. She came over and said... you look smaller! Wow, you've really lost more weight! :bigsmile: Woohoo, that made it worth it to me! :laugh:

Uh-oh...I'm thinking that ChaLean may be on my birthday list! I'll be stopping by to see how all of you are doing. Chalene was awesome in TurboJam, but I confess I like this new tougher Chalene as well.:wink:
  • 2BLean
    Options

She is and I look forward to every workout! that is so awesome Jess. What a compliment! I bet you just felt like a million bucks . . . makes you keep pushing PLAY forsure! Good on you. :flowerforyou: