cant drink water

Options

Replies

• lml1042
    lml1042 Posts: 121
    Options
    I agree, you have to drink water. I put about a tbsp of lemon juice in a 64oz container of water. It really helps the flavor and I'm able to get 128oz a day down without a problem.

Just do it.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Why can't you drink water? My advice is to take it like it was medicine......just do it because your body needs it. Other liquids/foods can hydrate you (tea, crystal light, watermelon) but there is nothing like good old fashioned water. It's the healthiest option, it's free, it's everywhere so it's convenient.
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    unless you have a medical reason to not be able to drink water.

u should just start getting used to it by having some ice water with some lemon in it. then over time you u shouldnt have any trouble drinking water, as a kid i couldnt stand drinking water. never did. if it didnt have sugar in it, kool-aid, tea, or soda i wouldn't touch it.

the grow up comment might be harsh .. but some folks around here have that tough love attitude like "man up and do it" LOL

because if you really want something such as getting healthy etc. you'll do whatever it takes.

i drink about a gallon a day and have lost 60lbs. water is GREAT
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Green tea is great also, you can have it cold like Iced Tea or Hot!
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Add ice and a straw to your glass...I can drink water all day this way. I refuse to drink it out of a bottle <gag>
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Why can't you drink water? I have never heard of this affliction.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I have never understood people who can't drink water. It's amazing that use of sweetened beverages has managed to make some people hate one of the primary requirements for existence for every living creature on the planet. I drink water all day. Love it.
  • MarandaPanda86
    Options
    Go to the hospital and have an IV inserted. Then you won't have to worry about drinking that pesky water!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    leave a pitcher full of water out...just like fine wine it'll air and the difference in taste is amazing.

This only works if you have chlorinated water, leaving the water out allows the chlorine to evaporate out of solution.

My water sweetener is lemon juice and mint. So yummy, and just a few calories from the lemon. Also lemon is an appetite suppressant and the mint will help if your stomach hurts. So its all around awesome! I make a concentrated solution of water, lemon, and mint and let it soak for a few days to get really minty, then I add a little bit every time I get a glass of water. Totally natural and delish

We used to have a high sulfa content in the water when I was a kid, leaving it out worked for that too.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Force yourself to drink it.... I understand the "can't drink it" I have a day every now and then when I, for some reason, just can't STAND plain water. Then I use crystal light, but 99% of the time it's plain old water for me. The carbonated flavoreed waters taste good, BUT the carbonation WILL dehydrate you and defeats the purpose.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    Options
    You never heard of this? Wow! Water makes me want to vomit. I have a hard time too. I drink seltzer.
  • breskittle
    breskittle Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have talked to health/wellness professionals who say that although, replacing regular water with sweetener alternatives like PROPEL, Crystal Light packets and other things - it is NOT a replacement for water. Most of your daily water intake should still be plain old good ol water. If you don't like drinking it plain then you aren't used to it yet. You will get used to it and you will love it. Just give it a shot!
  • LuciaLongIsland
    Options
    That is harsh.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    can't vs. won't. similar to need vs. want.
  • My1985Freckles
    Options
    I have talked to health/wellness professionals who say that although, replacing regular water with sweetener alternatives like PROPEL, Crystal Light packets and other things - it is NOT a replacement for water. Most of your daily water intake should still be plain old good ol water. If you don't like drinking it plain then you aren't used to it yet. You will get used to it and you will love it. Just give it a shot!

Very true!
  • LuciaLongIsland
    Options
    Try selzer. It comes in all flavors. Better then water for me.
  • My1985Freckles
    Options
    can't vs. won't. similar to need vs. want.

Ditto!
  • LuciaLongIsland
    Options
    Force yourself to drink it.... I understand the "can't drink it" I have a day every now and then when I, for some reason, just can't STAND plain water. Then I use crystal light, but 99% of the time it's plain old water for me. The carbonated flavoreed waters taste good, BUT the carbonation WILL dehydrate you and defeats the purpose.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    Options
    I didnt know that. I drink seltzer.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Once you get going with drinking it you will find that your body starts to crave it. Just like most things that are good for us, it will take some getting used too. I always drink mine with lots of ice!