First time marathoners

Hi everyone! I'm going to run my first marathon May 6 2012 and my "official" training will begin on Christmas Day. I am looking for more friends to add that are on the same journey. I know there are groups and I've joined a couple of them, but I would love to have some new friends working towards the same goal. Training for a first marathon, how awesome is that? Something you want to share with someone else who understands right? :) I have to give a shout out to :flowerforyou: flipipino_wardog:flowerforyou: because she may not realize but she is the one who inspired me to do this... and made me realize that I CAN! So please add me if you're training for your first marathon too! Or even if you've run a marathon already.
Peace and love <3 Angela

Replies

• I LOVE winter training!! :)
  • sierrajordon
    sierrajordon Posts: 78 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm going to run my first marathon May 6 2012 and my "official" training will begin on Christmas Day. I am looking for more friends to add that are on the same journey. I know there are groups and I've joined a couple of them, but I would love to have some new friends working towards the same goal. Training for a first marathon, how awesome is that? Something you want to share with someone else who understands right? :) I have to give a shout out to :flowerforyou: flipipino_wardog:flowerforyou: because she may not realize but she is the one who inspired me to do this... and made me realize that I CAN! So please add me if you're training for your first marathon too! Or even if you've run a marathon already.
    Peace and love <3 Angela

That's amazing! You'll do Great! I just started running at the beginning of the year, didn't run much at all during summer but i ran a 5k and now I'm back running again fully prepared to stick with it! My goal is to run a half marathon by 2013 or hopefully the end of 2012 (: but I'm just training right now for distance. I hope your marathon goes fabulous (:
  • runrogrun
    runrogrun Posts: 36 Member
    I am running London marathon in April next year...it's actually my 2nd marathon but I could still do with the motivation and support so I hope I still count!

Long runs start here.......!

What sort of running / fitness do you do now?
  • beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    I too am running the London marathon in April next year!

I only started running at the beginning of this year and the longest event I've done is a half marathon! Motivation and support would be very much appreciated.