Does anyone have the Polar FT7?

Options
I just purchased the Polar FT7 and was wondering if anyone has it also and how much they like or dislike it?

Replies

• Annieminnesota
    Annieminnesota Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I do and I love it! No more guessing how many calories I"ve burned. Also, I like to see how high I can get my heart rate up. Kinda like a game. hehe
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I just got one a few weeks ago to replace my old F4. I loved my F4, but the battery was going and had to be sent in to the company to replace. I wanted something with a few more bells and whistles. I like it.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I do and I love it :D
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    bump
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I like it, it's pretty basic and works great. But it has one "flaw" that bugs me, it does not show the Heart Rate and the Elapsed Time on the same screen as my now discontinued F6 did. Plus you have to buy a separate thingy to upload the exercises to the Polar website tracking thing (like $40),or you can just log in manually here I just put in an exercise note with my HR data. But it's better than the way the F6 did data transfer via sound waves to your microphone. So overall I like it a lot for the price they charge (hint: get it on amazon not at the store). Hope this helps.
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I have that on my wish list for Christmas.

:crossing my fingers:

:D hahaha
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and have had it for a couple years now and still love it. Reason being is that you can change the batteries in it yourself, it syncs with Polar equipment at the gym, and doesn't pick up other individual's HRM signals. Although, I do find it a tad confusing when you have to change the settings and the clock. All in all, I am satisfied.
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    I have the FT40, but if its a Polar you can't go wrong. It gets kind of addicting, actually, keeping track of the workouts. And i met someone recently who feels it saved her life from a heart problem discovered by bizarre HR readings on her monitor.
  • DivaGettingFit
    Options
    i have one. purchased it a few months ago. i have owned 3 before this one and this one gives me the lowest numbers even if i work really hard. I'm used to burning about 500 cals/hour or more but this one gives me about 300/hour
  • JetzGurl
    JetzGurl Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and I love it. It syncs with the Precor and Life Fitness machines at my gym and I like that it stores 99 workouts because I often use my treadmill at home before taking my kids to their swim classes at the Y and then use the elliptical there. I've accidentally hit the continue button on the drive so it screws my calorie tracking. Now I just end the workout and start the next one. I can review them both when I get home and enter them.
  • Tricia82
    Options
    Thanks everyone I have ordered it so I am trying to be patient for its arrival and I am so excited!! I also ordered the 30 day shred and ripped in 30 so I am super excited to start all of it!! :)
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I've had my FT7 for a few weeks now and love it! Love the fact that I can change my own battery AND that the fabric strap can go in the wash machine!
  • photo_kyla
    photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I really like mine.
    +1 on all the positives listed so far.
    The only negatives are the sensitivity of the pause/end button and sensor error. I wear the watch part on my right wrist, so on certain machines at the gym my gloves will hit the (pause/cancel) button without me knowing. Usually I'll hear the little beep and catch it, but if the noise level is high, I've not noticed it for 10 minutes before and it missed a chunk of my workout. The sensor error seems to happen if I don't have quite enough moisture on the sensing portion of the chest strap or if it's too loose. It just means I have to stop my workout and go into the bathroom to readjust.
  • deanmarino
    deanmarino Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!!!!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I have this model and LOVE it. I don't know how I worked out before it! I feel like my calories are pretty accurate because I've been losing more consistently since having this HRM and using those calories for my MFP log.

I really like that the machines at the gym sync with it so I don't have to hold the sensors to see my HR and I can upload the data to their website to review it. Like eddie8131 I wish it showed HR, time and calories on the same screen, rather than cycling through but that's a small thing.
  • eddie8131
    Options
    Thanks everyone I have ordered it so I am trying to be patient for its arrival and I am so excited!! I also ordered the 30 day shred and ripped in 30 so I am super excited to start all of it!! :)

Yay happy for your committment that is awesome. Good luck to you!!
  • eddie8131
    Options
    I have this model and LOVE it. I don't know how I worked out before it! I feel like my calories are pretty accurate because I've been losing more consistently since having this HRM and using those calories for my MFP log.

I really like that the machines at the gym sync with it so I don't have to hold the sensors to see my HR and I can upload the data to their website to review it. Like eddie8131 I wish it showed HR, time and calories on the same screen, rather than cycling through but that's a small thing.

Yeah I wish I had known this ahead of time but like you say it is a little thing. :)))
  • cmgehrke
    cmgehrke Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    does it have the zones and calorie burn that you can see?
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    I do and I love it! The best thing I bought myself this year.
  • chazbo35
    chazbo35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    yes and for the same reason most everyone else said in here lol. I actually didnt know/think about it syncing with the equipment at the gym but I quickly found that out. I have a friend that works at ****s and he spoke very highly of it and knowing his background in fitness, I figured it was going to be the best choice. good luck =)