I am a product of the 80's.

Options
Rob_Sarge
Rob_Sarge Posts: 70 Member
I can't relate to a single thing with today's generation anymore. Clothing, music, texting, attitude..... I will forever remain a product of the 80's. Especially my music.

Current Playlist on IPOD
Warrant
Poison
Motley Crue
GNR
Dokken
Danger Danger
Allen Parsons Project
Dexi's Midnight Runners
Culture Club
Timex Social Club
Expose

Chime in if you love the 80's, what do you remember most and love the most?

Replies

• Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Dead Kennedys, Reagan Youth, the Dead Milkmen, and Black Flag...

The 80s, lol, but kind of a different 80s. :)
  • FitFi74
    FitFi74 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    'Come on Eileen' was the first 7" I ever bought!!
  • thismonster
    Options
    Well I wasn't born in the 80's but I love all the music like The Smiths, Au Pairs, Blondie, The Vaselines, not to mention John Hughes films :smile:
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Geez! Me too! I heard Def Lepard's "Rock of Ages" yesterday and turned it up loud! I had to wait until it was finished to get out and pump gas! Then the minute I got home had to download me some Def Lepard to hike to today! I love big hair and have yet to adjust to wearing my pants below my belly button! We are who we are!
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    GNR, Metallica, hair bands, BIG hair! lol
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    HA! I was just playing 80's music for my 14 year old the other night.

(you like "today" enough to have an iPod!!)

I miss the after school specials the most. I had a different music style than you... I was mostly country, but I liked Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, and a little bit of Poison.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    RALPH MACCHIO!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Huey Lewis and the News....... May 5, 1987 at the Meadowlands..... Sighhhhhhh.
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Salute your shorts and dude ranch.. Rocko's modern world crazy teased hair.
    I was born late 80s so maybe ^^ these are in the 90s.. But my sister had crazy *kitten* hair in 80s. Well everyone did
  • carriann2012
    carriann2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Me too :drinker: But the music I grew up with was New Wave ~ but I still like Metal, Punk and Hip Hop also :bigsmile: I have got my son hooked on all of my 80's music and movies...lol :laugh: Too funny how I see a bunch of girls wearing off the shoulder shirts which was my favorite clothing from the eighties and my big hair and plastic shoes~~~~
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    This summer I finally cleaned out 2 boxes of cassette tapes (my 8-yr-old said, "MOM, what the heck are THOSE??") and gave them to Goodwill.

Anybody remember "Dream Academy" and "Scritti Politti"? Of course I had the Led Zeppelin albums, some Black Crows, and lots of early Madonna. I even had a cassette of "Live Aid" that I taped by holding the microphone up to the TV speaker during the broadcast! YIKES. I AM old. :laugh:

I must admit, I kept my cassette of Bill Cosby routines, and put it in my car. "Old Weird Harold","Noah" and all the good stuff, and I can still say EVERY line by heart.
  • SeanIsMyHomeboy
    SeanIsMyHomeboy Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Laserdiscs.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    And I wouldn't have an iPod if you paid me. My music has to come booming from my car speaker behind my left ear, if you please....so what if I'm a bit deaf now because of it? Blame it on Huey.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    definitely big hair! oh wait, that was yesterdays hair! lol still have it and love it! all of those bands and the older Heart stuff, Paula Abdul, Dead or Alive, the Cure, Duran Duran, Yes, Cyndi Lauper, the Police
  • missbis
    missbis Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Ah, I guess it's close--I have mostly 90s music on my iPod: Smashing Pumpkins, Alice in Chains...I have Depeche Mode and The Cure too...that counts as 80s!
  • Jewcybabe
    Jewcybabe Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love watching Totally 80's videos on VH-1......
  • TinaDay1114
    Options
    definitely big hair! oh wait, that was yesterdays hair! lol still have it and love it! all of those bands and the older Heart stuff, Paula Abdul, Dead or Alive, the Cure, Duran Duran, Yes, Cyndi Lauper, the Police

Ahhhhh, Duran Duran. You had the "Nick" type of girls, the "Simon" type of girls, and the "John Taylor" types. We used to argue the merits of each one in high school. *sigh*
  • annabellj
    Options
    and my husband has got my 11yo into Metallica so we crank it up in my new Charger and I do the hair flip, head bang and my kids get totally embarrassed, I love it!
  • TinaDay1114
    Options
    My music has to come booming from my car speaker behind my left ear, if you please....so what if I'm a bit deaf now because of it? Blame it on Huey.

HA HA! My best friend had a yellow Pinto station wagon with speakers like those -- we had to turn them up really loud to drown out the horrible engine noise, and boy did those seats rock when we went over bumps in the road. Those were the good ol' days.
  • annabellj
    Options

Ahhhhh, Duran Duran. You had the "Nick" type of girls, the "Simon" type of girls, and the "John Taylor" types. We used to argue the merits of each on in high school. *sigh*
    omg I was so in love with every member of that band, the concert was sooooooooo awesome! madonnas like a virgin tour was pretty cool too