Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Morning Motivation

My exercise regimen currently includes 45 minutes on the treadmill at the gym during my lunch hour everyday. However, I'm really wanting to give this 30 Day Shred a try, but that's not really something I could do in the middle of the day so that's leaves the mornings before I go to work.

The problem is I am not a morning person. I've made several attempts to get up a little early so I can knock out the tape, but each time has resulted in failure. I either end up hitting the snooze button so often that I don't have time once I'm up, or if I do somehow manage to drag myself out of bed, I feel like molassis and just can't get motivated to do anything.

Any advice as to how to shake the morning cobwebs off and get moving?

Replies

• try placing your alarm clock away from your bed. this way you will need to get up to hit the snooze buttom, it's working for me lol
  • world2c
    world2c Posts: 175 Member
    You have to find yourself something good to wake up to.... For me, it's my three dogs - even if I don't want to get up, I'm left with no choice.... However, I would say find something you like to do first - maybe grab a cup of coffee and head around your neighborhood just for a quick walk... Just enough to get the blood circulating... Doesn't have to be a long walk - maybe 10-15 minutes... You might find that you enjoy the peace and gentle wake up that it brings..... Once you get used to waking up to that, you can gradually start waking up ealier and earlier - perhaps take a couple of minutes to really wake yourself up - gotta make it enjoyable so you'll want to do it.... That video is a little intense, and I can't imagine rolling out of bed and getting right into it.
  • Geer76
    Geer76 Posts: 31 Member
    It's really a matter of turning it into a habit. I do a boot camp at 5:30 every morning so I have to get myself up by 5 to get moving and ready. It is really hard after first but after a week or two of pushing yourself knowing you are going to regret not doing it later more so than regret getting up to workout, it becomes a habit. I feel more energized after a good morning workout than when I sleep in an extra half hour or so. Also being with a group, I am held accountable, so doing something on your own is going to be a little tougher.

Good luck wih it!
  • novaboi24
    novaboi24 Posts: 16 Member
    Before you go to sleep you tell yourself that "I AM GOING TO JUMP OUT OF BED THE FIRST SECOND I HEAR THE ALARM GO OFF". Then in the morning you actually follow that up and jump up and down to wake yourself up so you don't feel like falling asleep again... Once you do it for around 2 weeks it will become a routine and a habit and you will automatically do it :)
  • Ernestern
    Ernestern Posts: 34 Member
    Well I managed to drag my dreary-eyed self out of bed this morning and knock out the video. Hopefully I can keep it up long enough to make it habit. We will see, eh?