boyfriends....

Options
amymeenieminymo
amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
Why is it leftovers can sit in the fridge forever, but the one thing I wanted, my boyfriend ate?

When we go to noodle and company, I usually bring my chicken home because I cannot finish it. I was thinking about what to make for lunch today when I remembered I had a ceasar salad bag in the fridge and that chicken would go great in it....but no, it's gone.

It's kind of not his fault, we went there a few weeks ago and I brought the chicken home and it sat in the fridge until I finally threw it out....but why now did he eat it when I actually wanted it? :sad:

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    Options
    Why is it leftovers can sit in the fridge forever, but the one thing I wanted, my boyfriend ate?

When we go to noodle and company, I usually bring my chicken home because I cannot finish it. I was thinking about what to make for lunch today when I remembered I had a ceasar salad bag in the fridge and that chicken would go great in it....but no, it's gone.

It's kind of not his fault, we went there a few weeks ago and I brought the chicken home and it sat in the fridge until I finally threw it out....but why now did he eat it when I actually wanted it? :sad:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I'd probably call him on that... it was YOUR meal, lol, I mean geez. My guy would at least ASK first. :flowerforyou:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    My husband does the same thing - I've learned (after 10 years, lol) to specifically ASK for what I want done or not done, otherwise it is a mute point, lol. So while I'm at the restuarant, boxing up my food, I always reach for one of the kids' crayon and write on my box, "MAMA's food - stay out!" :laugh:

Yep, men!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    IF IT' S IN THE FRIDGE IN OUR HOUSE IT IS FAIR GAME. I HATE TO SAY IT BUT IF HE DID NOT KNOW YOU WANTED IT YOU CAN NOT BLAME HIM. JUST BE LUCKY YOU DO NOT HAVE MY FIANCE HE WAS IN THE MARINES AND HAS BEEN PUTTING ME THROUGH BOOT CAMP. I FINALLY HAD TO TAKE A BREAK AND START THE 30 DAY SHRED TO GET AWAY FROM IT.
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My husband does the same thing - I've learned (after 10 years, lol) to specifically ASK for what I want done or not done, otherwise it is a mute point, lol. So while I'm at the restuarant, boxing up my food, I always reach for one of the kids' crayon and write on my box, "MAMA's food - stay out!" :laugh:

Yep, men!

:laugh: , I do the same thing, with six kids in the house 3 of them teenagers, all food is fair game, my kids have gone as far as to tell people they've licked it, or sneezed on it...lol, so no one will eat it, even if you write your name on the darn container they still eat it....it's soooo frustrating, that i've gotten to the point that when I buy my skinny cow ice cream bars, I put them in a box with a package of frozen liver on top, as soon as they open it, they close it up again...lol, i'm sure this won't last long, they're pretty bright, just takes a little time before I get busted! lol
  • RhondieJFB
    Options
    My husband does the same thing. I don't mind. He works so hard, so if he is in a rush and sees something yummy in there he is going to eat it. Of course he knows it isn't his... he didn't make it, or bring it home. I don't think any guy means to P you off. Maybe you could do what I do. If there is something I really want and do not want to share, I will just say.... hey hon.... I really want my left overs from such and such... Okay?! And he will then know not to touch it. You know guys and food. Sometimes I call home and say.. .I am leaving the rest. I have left over I want, so can I order something and bring it home for you?
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options

Yep, men!

:laugh: , I do the same thing, with six kids in the house 3 of them teenagers, all food is fair game, my kids have gone as far as to tell people they've licked it, or sneezed on it...lol, so no one will eat it, even if you write your name on the darn container they still eat it....it's soooo frustrating, that i've gotten to the point that when I buy my skinny cow ice cream bars, I put them in a box with a package of frozen liver on top, as soon as they open it, they close it up again...lol, i'm sure this won't last long, they're pretty bright, just takes a little time before I get busted! lol

I have three kids too! They aren't teens yet - so I'm going to file your fab idea for future use!

I do hide cookies (that I make for potlucks) in the china cabinet otherwise DH would inhale them in a single breath, lol.
  • nicki7584
    Options
    i totally feel you on this one. my husband does the same thing.
    146499.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I swear I cant get mine to eat leftovers.. I wish he would!
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options

Yep, men!

I know he wouldn't have eaten it if I had told him not too....unfortunately I didn't even realize I wanted it until after it was gone. I'm just frustrated that I finally thought of something yummy to do with it and the one time I wanted it, he ate it, lol.
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options

Yep, men!

MEN why cant they just read minds???

I mean seriously now, why not? they can lift heavy objects and engine, distrubtor cap on a complex engine why cant they just read minds... and while we are on the topic why doesnt he rub my feet every night before I go to bed...:indifferent:

:tongue:

I for one can NOT read minds I need to be told something... its all about the communication my dear!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    MEN why cant they just read minds???

I mean seriously now, why not? they can lift heavy objects and engine, distrubtor cap on a complex engine why cant they just read minds... and while we are on the topic why doesnt he rub my feet every night before I go to bed...:indifferent:

:tongue:

I for one can NOT read minds I need to be told something... its all about the communication my dear!
    [/quote]

speaking of COMMUNICATION ~ i think you owe me an email! :tongue: :noway: :tongue: :noway:
  • TROUBLE2
    Options
    speaking of COMMUNICATION ~ i think you owe me an email! :tongue: :noway: :tongue: :noway:

WAIT WHAT??? WHA? who said that? I said go find me on facebook... did you do that? IF so I have not checked my facebook in a few days, IF that is the case and you did then I DO owe you an email :) otherwise I did not recieve an email from YOU... :wink:

oh wait, first i need to see pictures of your tatoos :wink: ALL OF THEM!!! you can send them to my email addy! dont be shy!
  • heather0mc
    Options

WAIT WHAT??? WHA? who said that? I said go find me on facebook... did you do that? IF so I have not checked my facebook in a few days, IF that is the case and you did then I DO owe you an email :) otherwise I did not recieve an email from YOU... :wink:

oh wait, first i need to see pictures of your tatoos :wink: ALL OF THEM!!! you can send them to my email addy! dont be shy!

oh yes sir! i wrote you back on FRIDAY and since then, nothin! :sad:
    j/k, pullin your chain...:tongue:
    OH! i did friend you on FB too! p-shaw! :noway:
    um, i only have one tatoo. i was going for 'hiandtri' somewhere fun, but since i havent heard from you....
  • TROUBLE2
    Options

um, i only have one tatoo. i was going for 'hiandtri' somewhere fun, but since i havent heard from you....

what does P-Shaw mean??? i is confusimicated... and HiandTri fits right above your bum on the small of your back quit nicely... If I do say so myself... and When I get home tonight after work-out I will make sure I check it I PWOMISS:happy: :tongue:
  • heather0mc
    Options

what does P-Shaw mean??? i is confusimicated... and HiandTri fits right above your bum on the small of your back quit nicely... If I do say so myself... and When I get home tonight after work-out I will make sure I check it I PWOMISS:happy: :tongue:

pshaw is mostly a sound effect. thats where it WAS going, tramp stamp! too late now :smokin: i am going to put tam's name there.
  • TROUBLE2
    Options
    tramp stamp! too late now :smokin: i am going to put tam's name there.

DAMNIT Tam gets all of the good realestate :sad: