Side & Back Fat

Options
I'm sure everyone has heard of "obliques," muffin tops, tires, or love handles. Well, I need to figure out some light or heavy exercises that will trim them down or tone them up. I like wearing snazzy outfits & having those do not look cute, not to mention they take the attention away from your outfit, and have people (so I feel) focusing on body size & imperfections. If you have any ideas, or can sympathsize & are currently doing some workouts to improve this part of the anatomy... PLEASE SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE?!

Replies

• Nikki881
    Nikki881 Posts: 203
    Options
    Cardio cardio cardio! It's definitley the best thing to get rid of the fat, and then I use the rowing machine to help build muscle in my back.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I'm sure everyone has heard of "obliques," muffin tops, tires, or love handles. Well, I need to figure out some light or heavy exercises that will trim them down or tone them up. I like wearing snazzy outfits & having those do not look cute, not to mention they take the attention away from your outfit, and have people (so I feel) focusing on body size & imperfections. If you have any ideas, or can sympathsize & are currently doing some workouts to improve this part of the anatomy... PLEASE SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE?!

Can't spot reduce. Reduce overall body fat with cardio, moderate caloric reduction, and consistent strength training.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

Can't spot reduce. Reduce overall body fat with cardio, moderate caloric reduction.

This!!!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Yes it's true you can't spot reduce but mother dangit Shaun T.'s Insanity and Jillian Michaels' 30DayShred can do it. Lots of plyometrics will get you there! Along with running (1-2 miles about 4-5 days a week).
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    True, you can't spot reduce but by working out (and rowing is great), you will tone and therefore look much better.
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    All of the above... cardio and toning!! I have seen good results frmo 30DS!

Also, if you don't have some already, get some Spanx, they will smooth you out-- they don't make you smaller, but they just smooth any lumps or rolls, so your cute outfits will look better!!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    A body starts in the kitchen. It's true you can't spot reduce, but you sure can spot tone. That's why they have workouts that target certain part of the body. These workouts are spot toning workouts.

Try Tae Bo. It will help with the obliques and back fat. You can go to Collagevideo.com and type Tae Bo. You will see a lot of Billy's latest workouts. Press the play button, you will see what he does in them that will help with toning your obliques and reducing the fat in your back.

Tae Bo Insane Abs is a toning workout that targets the obliques and abs.