Shopping on Thanksgiving? No thanks!

Options
http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/22/opinion/ancel-thanksgiving-shop/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

I'm not a fan of all of the lines and people that make up black Friday in the first place. I certainly don't want to spend my evening, after a nice dinner with family, in line trying to get a deal. Some may enjoy that, we are all different. I just feel bad for the people out there that have to work it, how awful!

What's your take on it?

Replies

• iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    What if a family does Black Friday together?
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Last year, I worked somewhere where you wouldnt think would be swamped.
    STARBUCKS, Our store opened at 5am. People were lined up at 430 when we got there to open up.
    No deals or anything just were waiting for certain stores to open.
    Was busy all day!!!

Worse day to have to be out. EVER
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    It's date night for the fiancee and I...no kids and shopping...I love black friday!!! Bonus cuddling when waiting outside stores:)
  • Froggy1976
    Options
    What if a family does Black Friday together?

The article is about the stores opening at midnight and in some cases 10pm on thursday evening.
  • Biggipooh
    Options
    I have to work on Thanksgiving until 5 pm. So I am probably to exhausted to stay up so late to go shopping.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I will be out on Thursday night...but I'm hoping if by getting to Wally World early, I can be done by midnight. Last year was horrid...I didn't get home until 6am and froze my ta-tas off waiting in line for Target to open.