Eating Cheap and Healthy

Options
amilynnM
amilynnM Posts: 64 Member
What's your go-to healthy recipe on a budget?

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Soups. You can make an enormous vat of vegetable soup for pennies. Plus, it freezes well for quick meals.
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    soups and stews for me :-) love winter for that
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Crockpot cooking!!!
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    soups and sandwiches, but honestly when I don't have that stuff at work and I'm starving and broke...i just get chicken soft tacos from taco bell and they keep me stuffed for a while.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast with bbq sauce

Tuna, mayo, celery with whole wheat crackers. You could get a lot of lunches out of this combo. You could also buy prepackaged Bumble Bee tuna packs..i like the fat free one.

Homemade eggsalad on healthy life 35 calories a piece bread

2lb of frozen blueberries for 7 dollars last me almost 3 weeks if i have 1/2 cup every day for work. I also have one banana mixed in with my blueberries. Yum!

1 sweet potato with some brown sugar. I bake it and eat 1/2 for dinner (with my chicken) and 1/2 with my lunch the next day.

1 potato with brummel and brown yogurt butter..i split it for dinner and lunch too

Stuffed generic chicken breast. Like cordon bleau. $1.50. Add some veggies or a potatoe

Bag of frozen cauliflower and brocoli (generic). $2.50 i melt my own 2% cheese with it. 1 cup makes a large portion for only 40 calories.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Soups!! I love me soups!

Vegetable soup or leek and potato are my fave :)
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    vegetable hash, very cheap to make and filling
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Dry beans, rice, no-salt canned veggies, and locally available fruits and veggies (when in season). I don't buy much of any veggies at the grocery store anymore. I can get them for 50% less from the local farmers down here so I make a big veggie/fruit run about once every two weeks.