I NEED TO LOSE 20POUNDS IN 1 MONTH GOT ANY IDEAS?

Options
SO HERE IS THE DEAL I HAVE TO LOSE 20 POUNDS IN 1 MONTH! I HAVE MY WEDDING DRESS FITTING IN 1 MONTH AND NEED TO LOSE IT ANY IDEAS ANYONE!!!!

Replies

• lyndseyann
    Options
    SO HERE IS THE DEAL I HAVE TO LOSE 20 POUNDS IN 1 MONTH! I HAVE MY WEDDING DRESS FITTING IN 1 MONTH AND NEED TO LOSE IT ANY IDEAS ANYONE!!!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    1 month is really not enough time...it can be done but it prob wont be healthy ...you could go on a strict calorie diet and excercise a lot but you will be miserable and sore.... I suggest setting your goal at 10 and if your already pretty thin you could do some strength training to lean out some...
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    1 month is really not enough time...it can be done but it prob wont be healthy ...you could go on a strict calorie diet and excercise a lot but you will be miserable and sore.... I suggest setting your goal at 10 and if your already pretty thin you could do some strength training to lean out some...

Wow that's some serious weight loss in very little time, you only have 30 days to do this?
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry but I honestly do not think you can lose that amount of weight in one month unless you are morbidly obese without literally starving yourself which is SO bad for you and also means the fat comes off your organs rather than wibbly wobbly bits.

My suggestion is you cut right down to 1200 cals per day and exercise as much as humanly possible on top to maximise your weight loss. I did this in January and lost 13 lbs, and I'm only fractionally overweight so it is realistic to shift 3 lbs per week healthily if you are careful.

Hope that helps :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    You sure it has to be 20lbs?
    Corsets are amazing. You will hurt like heck that day but you can be made to fit into the dress.
    You could lose 10lbs and use a corset?
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Oh dear... I do believe that you've opened up the floodgates... brace yourself...

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! :flowerforyou:
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You sure it has to be 20lbs?
    Corsets are amazing. You will hurt like heck that day but you can be made to fit into the dress.
    You could lose 10lbs and use a corset?

That's a fantastic idea!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

yes...reschedule the appointment for 60 days away
  • helkat922
    helkat922 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You could try this..

http://www.nadeenboman.com/MealPlan/bulge-buster.html

I did it and lost 9 pounds in 10 days, but you will have to be REALLY strict with yourself. You could also ask Nadeen for some additional help if you choose to buy the plan. Good luck! :drinker:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Daaaamn!
    That is a lot of weight for one month.
    Don't get me wrong, I am sure some can do it.
    It's probably not practical or healthy.

The only thing I will suggest is healthy/very clean eating, low sodium foods and exercise.
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    If you're already in pretty good shape, you could do Jillian Michael's Making the Cut workout and diet book, which says one can lose 10 to 20 pounds in 30 days. That sounds like a lot to lose so quickly to me but if you are discliplined and follow the book religiously, she says you will get those results. ??? I only do the workout portion which is *hard*.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    It's just a fitting. you don't really have to lose 20 lbs for it. :huh: Hate to be a killjoy but unless you're rrreeeaaallly big, it;s not gonna happen.
  • NoraEE
    NoraEE Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's a dress fitting, not the wedding itself, right? I think your best bet is to rescedule the fitting for closer to your wedding date. Even if you lost 20 lbs in a month, which would be incredibly difficult and probably pretty dangerous, it would be really hard to keep it off until your wedding. If you get the dress fit for a 20 lb loss and then gain 10 back, you're going to be pretty unhappy about it on your wedding day.
  • suselmiami
    Options
    I think it could be done. Just cut all the carbs and eat very healthy and small portions 5-6 times a day. Drink lots of water and cut the sodium. If you do this and you exercise regularly I'm sure you can lose it. I just lost 15 the healthy way and not taking it to the extreme ... by eating healthy and exercising.

Best of luck! If not 20 lbs, I'm sure 15 it's better than nothing.
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Duct tape and handcuffs? hahahaha.....Honestly...I started this and weighed 174 lbs and it has taken me 6 weeks to get down to 158 lbs..so..that's 16 lbs and that HUGE..but..that's cause i was clearly ridiculously unhealthy and shows how much I was stuffing into my body to keep it unhealthy. I went down to 1200 calories a day and with my exercise calories was eating about 1300 daily...i walk 20 minutes every day and then at least twice a week on top of that I work out......I always made sure to eat ALL my calories and am never under and drink TONS of water. Good luck!
  • lyndseyann
    Options
    OK SO THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP! I CANT WEAR A CORSET CUZ MY CHEST IS TO BIG AND HONESTLY I GUESS I'M NOT FAT I'M JUST HOPING THAT THE WEIGHT WILL LEAVE MY CHEST! I KNOW THIS IS CRAZY BUT I DON'T WANT TO LOOK LIKE NOTHING BUT BOOB IN MY DRESS AND I CANT CHANGE MY WEDDING DATE AND I CANT CHANGE MY FITTING DAT E MY WEDDING IS MAY 2 AND THE REASON I HAVE TO GET MY DRESS FITTED NOW IS BECAUSE I AM NOT GETTING MARRIED WHERE I LIVE I AM GETTING MARRIED N ANOTHER LOCATION SO THIS HAS TO BE DONE EARLY!!! I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA HAVE MORE TIME! BUT THANKS EVERYONE I AM ON A 1,200 CALORIE DIET AND DRINKING LOTS OF WATER AND WORKING OUT 5 DAY A WEEK AND RUNNING 20 MIN AND TAKING YOGA ONCE A WEEK AND STEP CLASSES TWICE IA WEEK I AM SORE BUT I FEEL GREAT!!!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Sorry to break it to you but if all you have to lose is 20 pounds it is pretty impossible to do it in a month. If you had to lose 100 pounds a month could be doable. Perhaps you should have thought about this sooner and picked a dress more suiting to your body style that won't make you look like a "boob".

Your best bet would be to up your calories a little and get a good work out in everyday. Personally I know I don't lose a thing when I cut my calories to 1200/day.
  • Samanimal83
    Samanimal83 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I sympathize with you.... I have two months left and still want to loose 20 lbs. It feels like an impossible task when I live a normal life and cannot commit myself to the Biggest Loser Ranch.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    MY ONLY SUGGESTION IS TRY THE 30 DAY SHRED EVERDAY
  • ccano
    ccano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    So, you have purchased your dress? There are styles that are more modest in the chest area...maybe you can have the dress altered by adding straps or some kind of nice element that will cover you up a bit more? Even if you lost 20 lbs, it might not be enough to bring down your chest size. Good luck and either way I'm sure you will look stunning on your wedding day.