Hump Day - Double It Up Challenge

Options
:smile: :smile: Hump Day - Double It Up Challenge:smile::smile:

Idea is simple, on Wednesday (not really Hump Day this week - but more of a Pre-Thanksgiving Kick It Up)

:drinker: :drinker: Double your water intake:drinker: :drinker: (stay within healthy factors though)
:heart: :heart: Double your exercise:heart::heart:
:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Double your willpower:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Join me in kicking it up a notch before Thanksgiving and rolling into the long weekend strong.
Check back during the Wednesday and let us know how you are doing

Replies

• shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! I'm chugging the water lol
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hey I will you on this one......I'm sure I could use the extra calorie burn!!!!!
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I'm so in. I think I'll make this a challenge for every hump day.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I'm drinking my water, already did one workout (MMA boxing) and I'll do a Turbo Jam workout tonight after dinner, dishes, etc. Working out at night relaxes me and keeps me from snacking too much :)

Oh, crud. Today's not Wednesday....I'll double up tomorrow, too :blushing:
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'm so in. I think I'll make this a challenge for every hump day.

I am planning to post it each week on Tuesday for the following day. I was doing this with someone else when I lost previously on MFP and now that I am back, I need that midweek motivation...

Look for it each week.

Plus anyone who wants to send friend requests - they are always welcome.

Let's rock the Mid Week Hump Day!!!
  • dawn_eichert
    Options
    Count me in. I'm drinking my water, already did one workout (MMA boxing) and I'll do a Turbo Jam workout tonight after dinner, dishes, etc. Working out at night relaxes me and keeps me from snacking too much :)

Oh, crud. Today's not Wednesday....I'll double up tomorrow, too :blushing:

Way to go a day early.....Now you get double benefit.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I'm in with you for the next two days. let's start the holiday season off with a healthy bang!
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    :smile: I've got 5 miles calling my name followed by Zumba. And 8 miles tomorrow. I got this.
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hey I will you on this one......I'm sure I could use the extra calorie burn!!!!!

I usually burn about 400 cals during the weekdays - but this morning I burned 874 and now for the water...I just need to now how many ounces it TOO many - I usually do 100-125 - ummmmm not sure if I can double that safely - I shall google it!!!
  • dawn_eichert
    Options
    Hello all

Still early here on the West Coast so the water has started and the Will Power is definately there as I have avoided the donut box at the office for the third day in a row.....

Walking at lunch and need to figure out an evening workout tonight.

Keep strong everyone!!!!! I will check back later
  • dawn_eichert
    Options

I usually burn about 400 cals during the weekdays - but this morning I burned 874 and now for the water...I just need to now how many ounces it TOO many - I usually do 100-125 - ummmmm not sure if I can double that safely - I shall google it!!!

If you are already at 100 - 125 ounces, I wouldn't double it unless you know for sure it is safe. My doctor says it is really hard to get water poisoning unless you drink litterally gallons all at once. Just to be safe though, maybe just add a glass or two to shake up your routine. Way to go on the calorie burn.....I just can't do it in the AM.
  • nofatvw
    Options
    I love this!!! Even though I am SUPER CRazy right now, I will somehow find the time.

Great idea to keep me focused during one of THE toughest times of the year...

I'm IN!!!
  • dawn_eichert
    Options
    Mid day check in
    9 glasses of water down
    walk at lunch
    Willpower to resist the donuts AGAIN

Whoo hooo

Now to finish out my afternoon strong!!!!
  • nofatvw
    Options
    I did it!!

What a long day....

20 minutes of step workout!

80 minutes of hiking hills with my backpack!

lots of water!
    Great challenge, super timing for me!