I'm about to give up...

Options
I finally got back on track and i've been working out and eating better for the past 3 weeks. But now all I feel is bloated the past two weeks, and i went back up...I'm sure it's just period weight but ugh i feel horrible. I can't eat without feeling extremely bloated. I drink 1.5l-2l of water a day.

Replies

• elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    CONNIIE I FEEL THE SAME WAY..I HAVE BEEN GOOD AND STILL HAVE NOT DROPPED ANY WEIGHT AT ALL..BUT LETS NOT GIVE UP...WE WILL GET THERE BECUZ WE ARE NOT QUITERS..... :flowerforyou:
  • bahorne74
    bahorne74 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    don't give up. I know how you feel. I'm "snacking" around my period and i feel horrible. but i look at it this way...once I get it the snacking is over. There is always those 2 or 3 days in there that i get mad at myself. But it's only 2 or 3 days....there are always other days to get you back on track and feeling better about yourself!! Stay strong and remeber....your not alone!!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I carry water weight for about a week and a half to two weeks due to my period. it's annoying, but it's life.... dont' get frustrated - it's going to happen, there's nothing you can do about it -- it is NOT actual weight gain, it's water weight. try not weighing during this time.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Focus on one choice at a time and you wil be ok. You can do it!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Before you give up, try hitting your target every single day (or at least 6 days a week). Looks like you're coming in short every day.
  • Elisirmon
    Elisirmon Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    You need fiber that is what's going on probably eating too much protien and dairy and not enough fiber try some metatmucil once a day and lots of water and see if that helps. Don't stop workingout or you will regret it just push thru and I promise you that results will happen.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Ninjas get bloated?
  • conniie
    conniie Posts: 119
    Options
    It's so frustrating! But I'll keep on track as much as possible <3 Thank you :D
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    YOU GOTTA GET UP TO GET DOWN!
  • Phroggygirl1
    Options
    I just went 20 days of nothing but bloated and 0 drop in weight. It was a period bloat for me. But I am feeling much better, so don't give up!!!
  • broby425
    Options
    Don't give up yet! There will always be peaks and valleys. Just focus on what you're taking in, and take it one step at a time. It's kinda like a 12-step program: You have to face each obstacle one by one. Often, when I'm faced with a temptation, I'll think to myself "This time, I'll say no", and I'm usually able to get past it. And when I don't, I recognize that that's ok, too. It just can't happen very often.

Women are especialy challenged when it comes to retaining water. Keeping a very close watch on the amount of sodium you take in can be very helpful here. It's in almost everything you eat, and it's very sneaky. When you do take in a lot, it can take a couple of days to flush it out. I try to keep my intake around 1200 mg a day, and it's very challenging. When I go up, I can usually point to something I ate the day before that had a large amount of sodium. My own little rule of thumb: If someone else made it, it's got too much sodium.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I feel unmotivated around that time, too. Force yourself to do it so when you're back to normal, you're just bouncing back and not starting over. The water weight passes.
  • jak111
    jak111 Posts: 36
    Options
    I think we all understand the period thing. Don't give up. I have finally figured out that I will slip at that time of month, but you have to figure, in a month's time....there are 84 meals that you eat (3 meals a day, 7 days a week, 4 weeks a month - I think my math at 84 is correct, but....correct me if I am wrong). Most of the month, you are eating well and sticking to your plan, give yourself credit for the majority of the meals you ate correctly and for the 3,4,5,6 or 10 that you slipped, oh well you did good for the rest of the meals. When you are faced with snacking/cheating during that monthly time- try to (as hard as it is) distract yourself. I hate exercising, so I will play games on my laptop - as far away from the kitchen as I can get and I usually get to into the game, so much that I don't want to get up to get that food I am craving.

Before you take the bite - ask yourself - it this worth it? Is it worth the extra exercising I will have to do to loose the extra calories.

Another trick I use, if I really, really want something, I will go out and log it into MFP and see how bad it really is for my daily total and if it fits or sort of fits, I have it, if not, I delete it and don't have it. Sometimes seeing it (the totals on mfp) in your face can help you. It doesn't work 100% of the time, but the majority of the time it helps to do this.

Don't quit or give up - the rest of the month you have probably done so well - celebrate those successes and just know that each month during that time, you will have a struggle. But don't give up! Believe in yourself that you can get by this time of month and celebrate when you do!
  • ncole3
    ncole3 Posts: 164
    Options
    Don't give up!!! Watch the sodium intake...it may be contributing to water retention....I have this issue so I really watch this myself.
  • sapphiretyger
    sapphiretyger Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Don't do it don't do it don't give up! I try to look at overall progress versus daily or even weekly. We all have our platueas and set-backs but if you are on the right path (and you know if you are) then don't let the numbers on the scale get you down too much.
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Don't Give Up!
    Period Bloat is the absolute WORST. I gain in upwards of 10-15lbs of water weight for almost a solid week.

Rules I follow during period week.
    1. Don't weigh yourself
    2. Eat less salt, I don't salt hardly anything during that week.
    3. Go for an extra walk a day (even if it is a slow walk for 10-15min, just go)
    4. When I feel like crying or giving up I watch a motivational movie or get on MFP to read some success stories.
    5. If I feel like snacking I get a glass of water and do something else (knitting, laundry, scrapbooking etc) just get your mind off of it.

You can do it! I have faith in you :)
  • Try a detox cleans. I was feeling really bloated too. I decided to try a cleans for few days and one full day fast and I felt alot better. Note: I convinced myself that I had to rid my intestines of parasite (from eating too much med rare red meat and Sushi). I felt clean and refreshed, and ready to continue after the detox. Dont give up.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It sometimes takes a few weeks to see results depending on how much/little you have to lose. And it seems you already know what part of the problem is (TOM). But honestly I don't get the "about to give up" mindset. It sounds as if you are saying because you haven't lost weight in 3 weeks you think it's better to eat unhealthy and gain more weight? What sense does that make?